Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** September Challenge - Map a Landship ***

Post *** September Challenge - Map a Landship ***

Going back a couple of years now Jaxilon suggested the following for a challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    From a smoking Steampunk fortress to the Jawa's Sandcrawler map a ship that travels over land. Dwarves, Elves, Humans, Sith, Klingon, whatever, just some sort of land crawler. Fantasy or Sci-fi either way, it's all good.
    So that is this month's challenge. Hope that gets your creative juices flowing.

Title each new thread September 2013 Entry - <your title>

Precede each WIP image with the tag ### Latest WIP ###.

The challenge will end on or around the first of October, and the winner will receive a golden compass, an enviable accolade here at the Guild.
    Last edited by arsheesh; 09-08-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    [INDENT]Title each new thread July 2013 Entry - <your title>
    Sounds like a cool idea, just one correction needed " Sept 2013 entry "

Oops, that's what I get for copying and pasting. Thanks for the catch Bogie.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Wow this is err... different. I think I'll give it a go just to broaden my horizons, so to speak.

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Very interesting. I am curious, but unsure about this one. Well, if I come up with a fun idea, I might enter. Although, it says it ends on the first of November, which would give us almost TWO months to work on it. I am guessing that's a mistake.

Wow, I really should have proof read that post. Yup, got the dates mixed up. Should be corrected now.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

ooh this is a cool one.

I need clarification on this contest. LAND SHIP definition clarification please. Does it need to have tracks or wheels or skates etc that actually touch the ground ? Would a hover vehicle or ground effects vehicle be a acceptable? By ground affects / hover vehicle I mean something that holds itself off the ground by pushing off the ground . It is however unable to actually fly . Makes a big difference to me in my concept vehicle !
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

I don't see an reason why a landship couldn't be a hover ship. Sure, why not.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Further clarification: Can this ship fly? (i.e....with the steampunk fortress example I was thinking about doing some sort of gnome zepplin/flying tower kind of thing...if I get the time to enter this month).
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast