Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First try with CC3 : Riot scene

Map First try with CC3 : Riot scene

Here is my first attempt at a CC3 battlemap for a virtual table top (Check MapTool!).
    Any advice so I can improve it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riot_Scene.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	1291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAULDRON street map_VeryLowRes.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	1292  

Very nice.

As a CC3 user, where did you find the roof styles, as they are not paert of any CC3 application I am aware of.

Also, the use of the fill styles (grass, cobblestone etc) is very nice, and for just a table top map is well doen, but to my eye they are a little....sharp at the edges. I know there is an Edge blur usable on the fill styles (with one of the recent patches from Profantasy) to soften those edges.

Otherwise very nice.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I am using custom symbols from the excellent Dundjinni community.
    It is easy to make CC3 sets from them. I'll try to put the link I found on this subject...

I did not know of this patch that allows to soften the edges! I'll check, thank you.

I'm not sure I understand. Is this meant to be a day scene and a night scene or is the second picture meant to be a CC3 drawing of the first picture (which itself looks like it's been made with CC) - bit confused, but both pictures look really nice although I think I prefer the first one.

Another MapTool user! Woot! Looks pretty good. The one thing that I would recommend is dropping the grid. As you know MT has its own grid and trying to match them up can be a pain. Other than that the only comments I have are image related.

Desaturation is your friend, and you need to do a lot of that it looks like. Also, you might actually consider doing this whole thing in MT using stamps. I would be curious how much smaller the file size would be since there are a lot of duplicated objects.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. Is this meant to be a day scene and a night scene or is the second picture meant to be a CC3 drawing of the first picture (which itself looks like it's been made with CC) - bit confused, but both pictures look really nice although I think I prefer the first one.
    I think the first is a source image, and the second is his attempt to draw it in CC3 with enough detail/resolution to use in a VTT game.

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    I think the first is a source image, and the second is his attempt to draw it in CC3 with enough detail/resolution to use in a VTT game.

-Rob A>
    That was my impression as well.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Software Dev/Rep

Very nice simonutp. I very much prefer your version to the original

trevor!! Woot! It looks like all the MapTool folks are starting to make their way over.

For those that may be curious, trevor is the actual developer extraordinare of MapTool. He is one very responsive and cordial guy, and extremely helpful.

Welcome trevor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast