Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The CWBP Wiki is Now Open.

Info The CWBP Wiki is Now Open.

AS you can see the wiki is now open. Please open your accounts there. I would ask that you use the same names as on these boards. It makes it easier for everyone. When you have been signed up you will have editing priviliges on most of the pages. Please make use of the editing facilities in the wiki which allow you to make notes, whenever you edit, setting out the reasons and motivations behind the edit.

Three of our members have graciously accepted the job of acting as supervising editors on the wiki. They are The Cartographist, Industrygothica and Baziron. Congrats to the three of them. All three have already been busy filling pages. They will need everyone's assistance, so please give them your full support and cooperation. They have the ultimate responsibility when it comes to editing and content choice and are looking at the big picture to make sure that their is an overall unity to the game world and have the unenviable task of pulling all the disparate strings togther.

You may still post material on these boards in the same thread as the individual maps, or you can do it directly into the wiki. The first option is probably better because it allows for debate on the content and lets the editors have a good look at it before they incorporate it.

The cool logo on the wiki was done by RobA using the guild compass logo and Neon's world map. You will be comforted to know that Arcana is the admin on the wiki. I will also try and answer any questions you may have.

This project has really taken off thanks to the fantastic dedication, skill and open-mindedness that you have all shown. The wiki is the next major step. Lets get it off to a flyer.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    You may still post material on these boards in the same thread as the individual maps, or you can do it directly into the wiki. The first option is probably better because it allows for debate on the content and lets the editors have a good look at it before they incorporate it.

Torq
    Definitely a better option, imho.

Blog Entries

I know I can be a bit dense at times but I can't find the link into the wiki

A post here and in the 'news' topic might be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I know I can be a bit dense at times but I can't find the link into the wiki

A post here and in the 'news' topic might be useful.
    Ha!

Pardon me while I pick myself up from the floor...

Try here: http://cwbp.cartographersguild.com

Blog Entries

Ahh right ! I look at the pages using the Quick Links / Todays Posts and I was looking in the thread, my email notifications and on the main front page. Didn't think to look at the CWBP topic itself - didn't occur to me that you could have extra links there. I tried a few random urls too like .com/wiki or wiki.campaign etc but missed the vital one. Sigh... More obvious now.

And now that I am there... theres no wikilinks into the world descriptions... ??? Probably me being dense again. I can see them by using the special pages functions of MediaWiki tho. I guess were waiting for the name.

Would be easer to crack a safe than get at this content...

Well done all for getting a wiki up tho. It is going to be much easier now.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    The sidebar menu still has to built...That should provide many of the wikilinks to categories. The main page also, still needs editing...

-Rob A>
    Thanks for the logo, btw! It looks incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Thanks for the logo, btw! It looks incredible.
    No problem! I consider it a placeholder until a name is chosen, but I did like the way it turned out.

-Rob A>

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast