Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Lands of Fagacea

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice one. a few comments though:
    - background texture seems to have a poor resolution
    - the bridges icons are a notch below regarding the other icons.
    - No names on rivers?
    - Wut???? You did the same border with blurred black figures than your last map. Tssss, bad bad boy This would be your nexte challenge

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

i have to say "DAMN"
    Are u talking about the angels in my last border???? Dang, i was thinking only in the flowers!!!
    Got it, i will redraw this, since i have it pathed will not be hard and right now i am working in some variations too D

now lets try be clear for no mistakes
    When u say low resolution, you mean like i got a small source and got it bigger losing resolution? Or just why i am using some opacity and my file gots nerfed from 400mb to 3,8?
    Damn the RIVERS!!!! well, basicaly i not forgot all, coz i guess only 2 that i have names the others guess to small to have some considerations. The 2 rivers forming the swamp, they have names, but is that wrong if the others not get manes?

Didnt got about the bridges, it is a diferent region, the bridges are diferent. or it is too big compared with the others icons.
    About the floating islands, it looks float? was a hard part try get a good position for it.

That is why need keep doing to find the solution for old problens. Thank for the support Max, all anoted to next update.
    Last edited by aquarits; 03-02-2013 at 11:13 AM.

- About the rivers : since you have space to label them I'd do it.
    - About the floating islands: they're lovely!
    - About the bridges : they're kind of odd. How people can go through this solid stone???
    - About the resolution: I meant that the background has a poor quality and is blurred; probably because you had to strech it too much
    - About the border : I already said my thoughts about it in your last WIP, for me it's the weak point that can be improved and make your maps better and better. Maybe look around, get inspired by some others maps, mix with your own ideas and try to improve them

Well, keep up the nice job!

I agree with Max here Aquartis. Your hand drawn elements are, by and large, very nice. The floating islands are a nice touch. However the background textures used not only for the border, but for the land and sea as well are very blurry. Dido for the figures on the corners of your map. They look very awkward given how crisp your other hand drawn elements (and compass) are. I would scrap the textures you are currently using and either find or create new ones. As for the color scheme, continent outline and hand drawn elements, these all look very nice.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

for the backgroung i tried mirror the source to see if i get a better resolution.

For the angels i got it with better resolution, arsheesh i want to use some angels in maps cos they are the main thing in this world, i liked thos cos they arent "cute" and don looks mad. Hope i did the right thing now.

When u said that they cant walk in the bridges i fell that i made the right felling, The rarely use roads, if u check will see 5 districts, they only work to get crystals for the mages in the floating islands, the engineering for roads and stuff are that good. But i dont skip ur adivice, still thinking in the bridges

arsheesh i dont know if i undertood right about the blur in the whole map. If it is happening, not by the resizing the file, i guess i have a problen, cos to insert my map in the template, i need to resize like 250%, guess where i am losing resolution.

ty for the adivices, i worked following tip by tip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Rand.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	4.03 MB 
ID:	52585  

Well, since nobody commented i guess it is finished

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is really good. Great job.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

thank you very much Jt
    i just have posted it in finished maps, slowly i put something there
    the links of the 2 maps are:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...oms-north.html
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...-randoria.html

Now i am working in this maps, hope some comments. not got many in the last heheh, maybe nobody interested or it is becoming good

i am not using hand drawing elements in this maps, in begin i tried but so many places and detains that guess map got polluted, so i chose for simple icons. Tried use the same style and not many colors coz i was thinking in a like of a military map, showing the towns and some routes and ofc to describe the time line of all war places.

Before the first milk newborns of "The Passage" know the color of blood, before they even learn to read, childrens learn to hate those who do not follow their same religious conviction. Two brothers born for the same father, were able to in 41 years destroy an old empire and split in two, a whole continent. In this scenario born of the greater history of the war in the world of Egos, driven by religious fanaticism, the inhabitants of "The Passage" fighting for over 5 centuries by domains of two cities, regarded by all as holy territory.
    On one side the followers of Dorious, leader by nature, traveler that spread worldwide teachings of the Creator, announcing his kingdom and freeing with battles the branded ignorant by religion for a chance to get the sacred knowledge. On the other hand, the charismatic Abrahad, who founded numerous synagogues from the Southern Randoria to the north of Tristania, announcing the kingdom of the Creator and preaching sanctification by a life of sacrifices.
    Brothers in father, born on the same day in different cities, countless events have announced the birth of the son of the Creator, however no one imagined they would be two childrens and still doubt the veracity of one side. In Noah, Dorious is the savior of the whole earth, the other is only a forger. From Amareia, Abrahad is the messiah sent by the creator and the other is simply your anti concept.
    The Great Empire of Medina was destroyed by this 2 mens, active for over 6 centuries of tradition, the beliefs divided in various districts struggling for nearly six centuries in a total political and religious discord. Changing the name of the region known for "The Passage" to nothing more than "Warlands".

The Training Centers and Battlefields.

This is undoubtedly one of the most bizarre teachings created in "Warlands". These training centers are not just centers for training soldiers. Guided by a certain magical influences, living in these constructions always exact number of 144 womens over 20 years who live with only one goal: Reproduction.
    These children born in "Training Centers" are guided and Educated with a single goal, to participate in holy wars. The battlefields are also sacred sites where the major wars started under the stain of blood from one of the brothers, these fields are still active since the beginning of the first fight and will remain so until a single nation sustain the two cities or until the Creator itself interfere in wars.

The Free City of Aurora

Faced with so much war, the equipment market has heated up. However the difficulty of negotiating camps "Warlands" became virtually impossible. Was where that born on the other side of the mountains the free free of "Aurora". Countless boats and cruise ships dock in this city for the sole purpose of starting from there follow specific tracks to feed the market of war in the Warlands.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-war1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	3.33 MB 
ID:	52807  

Nice job, I like the effort you put on colours on this one! A few comments as usual
    - I'd grab the same colors for the key icons and the map icons. here, the key icons looks a little more pink than the red map icons.
    - I'm not really convicted by the transparency of the areas labels, which make other elements and labels overlap them. In my opinion, you should better work on labels location to make it more readable.
    - Improving the coastlines and the rivers would also probably turns it out better (need just a few work I think)

- the key icons and the map icons have the same color, maybe a different position in my mask, i will do some adjustments to try get it more close
    - i understand about the coastline, i start to work in a new size of my map, and again i guess i need to re-work my borders. Did u noticed that i improved the graphic resolution doing it? i liked, looks much more clear to see? specially the definition of the labels, they aren't blurred like in my other maps.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    - I'm not really convicted by the transparency of the areas labels, which make other elements and labels overlap them. In my opinion, you should better work on labels location to make it more readable.
    I am not understanding it right. If u are talking about the nation names, i just cant find space the put the names coz have a lots of details in each region. If i cant understand the overlap, cos the text was created after the other features.
    Well, i will try use the same style that i used in the transparency of the map in my text box and compass, wut u think?

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast