Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Lands of Fagacea

Looking lovely so far!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Thank you Aredhel

Before i go to bed, i will post a new update with some details and the icons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Padrao_Rebuild_ver3_dimensao[275%-epic]vel.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	53027  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Looks nice. Two mountains near the dead trees are blurry though and The shadow on the top of the towers is wrong in my opinion, making looks too dark. If light comes from left, the top right should be highlighted.

Thanks Max, probably the mountains got blurred when i did it in the wrong layer Fixed the shadows in the towers.

Here some progress next i will put the river names, cos i forgot my scketh with names in my car

Views:	96 
Size:	3.86 MB 
ID:	53040  
    Last edited by aquarits; 03-22-2013 at 10:59 PM.

First attempt to finish it, hope not much to modify

In the beginning the gods lived in the third heaven, just looking at the creation with eyes of disgust. When the creator sent them to 'Egos' in order to understand all agents, some of these became fascinated by humans. Many of the gods fell in love with humans, lived with them and shared the pain. They built home.
    In the course of the ages, these gods eventually forget their heavenly nature. This embodiment is that we call today as Elves. The basic difference between elves and angels, are not in their heavenly origin, but its acceptance in humans. Elves have no soul, so their existence can not prosper, however, with humans, they can have children and keep their lineage active.Acceptance humanity is something polemicist, because over time, the Elves, immortal found themselves dependent on humans. Prosperity elven occurred with the passage of time and the discovery that the greater proximity to human blood elves, gave a higher probability of the birth of elves. These humans with elven blood, called half-elves are divided into three bloodlines. The more near this purity greater the chance of reproduction among the elves.

The mountain of Veloria

With approximately 7000 meters of elevation the mountain Veloria houses the two largest Elven cities of all empire. In the Palace and the temple of Dropped Leaves happens a ritual called Halandra, which is equivalent to marriage of humans. The constitution of the family comes down on, need an elf and a human for the elves maintain their existence, however, in respect to feeling, Halandra not forbid marriage between the elves, as long as the family contains both races, it becomes common large families with more than one male and female.The city of Aurian, consists of nearly half-elves, children of bith races, born humans carry with them part of elven blood, they are well respected by the Elven court, respecting them as a result of the union between the two races.

Vortex and Vertex

The kingdom of Veloria contains in its territory, a vortex and a vertex. Practically have the same operation. These places have almost no pellicle that separates the physical from the spiritual world. Being able to access both world trough these areas.The difference between the two is that vortex existed since the early days, they emerged naturally giving access to two rivers that cross the entire cosmos (Stinx and Oceanus), in contrast Vertex were created and are maintained in a ritualistic and magical assets to communication between spirits and mortals.

Name:	Untitled-vel.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	3.93 MB 
ID:	53049  

I have mixed thoughts about it after taking another look on the whole map. Overall map is nice but I maybe expected more work on forests since it's the main feature of this one. Not enough labels on them to my taste (a lot of them don't have names) and I don't know, maybe it's the (almost) plain color on them and/or some kind of lack of contrast.
    Also a few comments:
    - The upper right cartouche looks stucked in this corner. It almost overlap the coastline.
    - I'm not convinced by the white font. The one you used for the cities is nice but the other don't really fit with it
    - Lovely icons as usual, good palette and simple but nice border.
    Last edited by - Max -; 03-31-2013 at 06:41 AM.

The forests, i made some modifications and here are 4 ways that i tried, what you guess?

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	89 
Size:	495.0 KB 
ID:	53114

About more labels, i dunno, i just show what i have names, i guess not more labels coz the other areas just don't have names. I will try find work in the other forests to see what names i can get.
    I don't understand about the cartouche, so i just reduced a bit the size.
    After you talk about the font and the color ( of the white labels) i noticed that after i save the file, the color just disappear and turn to white. it is to be almost the same color of the non forest area.

i liked the font type for the big labels

3 or 4 seems ok ( but I think you don't need to fill it with the little trees, just the little black curved lines are ok). I'm still thinking more labels would be cool and the white color is ok, I just don't like that much the font used but if you like it, go with it

Thanks Max, always can count with you

Hope enough for forests, the forest of spirits don't get a nice background, but something relationed with the Valkyries are and the Blood Forest with some battles against the Ogres.
    What do you think now?

( i was saving the file with low quality, it explain some missing colors in the layers when saved, now it looks fixed)

Name:	Untitled-vel.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	53165  

No problem man Yup, forests looks better now in my opinion!

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast