Thread: The Sea Ward Of The City Of Stormhaven

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip The Sea Ward Of The City Of Stormhaven

This is the other ward of the City Of Stormhaven from my Kingdom Of Shendenflar. Obviously I'm doing this in the same style as the the Port Ward map I finished earlier

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sea Ward.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	33019
    Last edited by jtougas; 01-30-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Nice! The only question I have, is that both wards seem very long and narrow. Are the two wards really all there is to the city? Or are they just the important part?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Nice! The only question I have, is that both wards seem very long and narrow. Are the two wards really all there is to the city? Or are they just the important part?
    Excellent question. For these maps I'm just showing the city itself. There are some scattered buildings outside of the city center along with some farmland on the outskirts. Also there is no city wall around Stormhaven like there is around the capital Riverhewn.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Cool. You'll have to do a regional at some point so we can see all that

Blog Entries

I did do a Kingdom sized regional map some time ago that kind of shows the area around Stormhaven

http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...chmentid=30058

Finished Maps

Hey, I missed that the first time around. Must have been during my sojourn in the recliner while my computer gathered dust That actually looks pretty cool, but I meant more along the lines of a "Stormhaven and environs" type map that shows the city outline and maybe the surrounding 20 miles or so. You've created an intriguing city here, makes me want more

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Hey, I missed that the first time around. Must have been during my sojourn in the recliner while my computer gathered dust That actually looks pretty cool, but I meant more along the lines of a "Stormhaven and environs" type map that shows the city outline and maybe the surrounding 20 miles or so. You've created an intriguing city here, makes me want more
    Ahh..Well that sounds like a pretty good idea

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

From The Adventurers Guide To Shendenflar: The Sea Ward of Stormhaven is much more populous than the Port Ward. A visitor will get the full "port city" feel from this bustling ward. Filled with merchants,taverns and a few inns there is plenty to see and do. Be mindful however that this is a working port. Ships traveling from the Sultanate of Zief and the Caliphate Of Ekbir dock here bringing exotic treasures. Shendenflarian ships also travel south and west to far off lands. As in most port cities nightfall brings danger as sailors leave their docked ships in search of distraction which can be found in abundance in this ward. Sailors and merchants bring thieves and muggers so guard your purse well. The Lamplighters Guild is less active in this ward usually only working the main streets. The docks area goes from being well lit to almost pitch black depending on where one walks. Commerce doesn't stop for darkness in this city. The city guard is only slightly less present in Sea Ward than in the richer Port Ward. The guardsmen tend to be rougher and it is much easier to end up in the Stormhaven jail here. If one is careful and travels at the right times. Stormhaven is a wonderful city to explore.

Started to color code the buildings and label things.

Name:	Sea Ward.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	33041

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

*Sneezes* I decided to blow the dust off of this and actually finish this map. As you can see I decided to add roof lines to the buildings. I also have decided to go with a uniform grey color that hopefully simulates the slate roofs that dominate Stormhaven's skyline. The streets are winding and fairly "unusual" but that's just my style of city building. I like my alleys narrow and twisting and full of danger and adventure. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Name:	New Sea Ward.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	50088

Finished Maps