Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meridin Hill - modern horror project

Default Meridian Hill - modern horror project

Hey everyone! I posted about this a couple of years ago, but the thread seems to have been lost, and my new work is anyhow better than last time I posted here.

I am currently developing a modern day dungeon crawl with high emphasis on horror. The working name of the game is Meridian Hill, since the game is set in the fictional city Meridian.

Strange things are happening in Meridian, and much of the strangeness seem to come from the citys underground: the sewers, catacombs and lost tunnels that stretch almost endlessly beneath the city.

In the game, players will chose from 5 or 6 different classes to play from, and the game is co-op. If you don't work together you are going to die in that damp darkness beneath the city streets.

Thw game itself will be a tile based miniature game. I've written the basic rules and am currently playtesting with so e friends. Thought I should take the opportunity to post some of the tiles here, for c&c. I used to run a blog about this, but it's kind of on hold atm.

Anyway, here are some of the tile.
    Last edited by RailedRobin; 07-07-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Awesome stuff, I was looking for this kinda stuff for running my online World of Darkness games on roll20.

Default Sv: Meridin Hill - modern horror project

Thank you! It is partially wod-inspired, almost like a Hunter the boardgame, but not quite. If that makes any sense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1372662345828.jpg 
Views:	934 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	55785   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1372662377638.jpg 
Views:	789 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	55786  

Yeah I get that. I'm slowly working on my fictional city map for my WoD games lol. This sort of thing is great though for those times using tokens or minis would work in game. As for the board game it'd be awesome to give it a whirl some time. You ever used roll20? You could maybe test drive it with a larger audience at some point on there.

Nice work! The style and quality remind me a bit of Tannhauser. I love coop board games, and I'm a big fan of horror gaming. I hope you make it to market!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Very nice work, I could easily see this being used in a board game.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

That looks awesome, very creepy. I've got a feeling I'd love this game. Are you planning to publish it, or is it just for your gaming group?

If you are planning to get it published, are you looking for someone to do concept art and sculpts for the miniatures? I think this game sounds really interesting, and if the position is open and you don't mind working with a stranger, I can send you a couple of work samples and maybe we could team up?

Thanks for the kind words, fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by Anararion View Post
    Yeah I get that. I'm slowly working on my fictional city map for my WoD games lol. This sort of thing is great though for those times using tokens or minis would work in game. As for the board game it'd be awesome to give it a whirl some time. You ever used roll20? You could maybe test drive it with a larger audience at some point on there.
    The game is not ready for any bigger playtesting yet. As of now I have the core rules down, the starting stats for 5 classes and a bunch of monsters. Now I have to adjust the monsters, since they're a bit too difficult to handle atm. I also have to write a whole bunch of different events and "side quests" and such. Simply put; I have to flesh it out a lot more before I can begin to think of putting it out for a larget audience to test play. I will however keep this forum in mind when I do

I haven't checked this roll20, but will do to see if it fits

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    That looks awesome, very creepy. I've got a feeling I'd love this game. Are you planning to publish it, or is it just for your gaming group?

If you are planning to get it published, are you looking for someone to do concept art and sculpts for the miniatures? I think this game sounds really interesting, and if the position is open and you don't mind working with a stranger, I can send you a couple of work samples and maybe we could team up?
    The dream is to one day have it published, but it's still a long way to go from here to there, still got lots of things to do. At the moment I have some concept artists, but if you post some of your work I might see if it fits with what I have in mind. For the "beta" or whatever one should call it, when I get a larger amount of play testers, I will use paper cut outs (since everyone will have to print the game themselves during play testing). If I reach the publishing stage I will start looking into 3D printing of miniatures, since that seems to be on the uprise. (Are you swedish, by the way?)

Below is an image of a samle set up of the game, some different sections and such.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_01.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	55896

Looks really great railedrobin. I love the colour scheme, textures, lighting and attention to detail - it bodes well for your game.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RailedRobin View Post
    The dream is to one day have it published, but it's still a long way to go from here to there, still got lots of things to do. At the moment I have some concept artists, but if you post some of your work I might see if it fits with what I have in mind. For the "beta" or whatever one should call it, when I get a larger amount of play testers, I will use paper cut outs (since everyone will have to print the game themselves during play testing). If I reach the publishing stage I will start looking into 3D printing of miniatures, since that seems to be on the uprise. (Are you swedish, by the way?)
    Sounds great, thanks for giving me a chance! Private messaging isn't enabled for you yet I think, so I'll have to post the samples here – I hope you don't think it's thread hijacking I'm attaching a monster and a human character, two recent practice designs I did that I think are representative of my style (if I can be said to have one). If you like them, perhaps we can talk more over e-mail? I use flygandegris--at--gmail.com, replacing --at-- with @. And yeah, I'm swedish
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Karaktär.jpeg 
Views:	678 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	55904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monster.jpeg 
Views:	344 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	55905

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast