Thread: Rash'el and the Great Jungle - finished map

Map Rash'el and the Great Jungle - finished map

Hello, this is my first post here so hopefully I am following all of the rules. A lot of the maps coming out of here are amazing.

This is my own quaint effort based on region I designed for my Pathfinder game. The players are lost in a dense jungle filled with dangerous and feral elf tribes, all of which are warring amongst themselves. Animals, traps and old temples to unknown gods also dot the landscape. Running out of resources they are heading for the only sign of civilization they see. A lone mountain top rising out from the jungle that glows with the light of civilization at night.

Hoflan (Halfling) trading companies, and a race of aquatic humanoids are also out there somewhere in the expanse.

The map itself was made in Photoshop CS6. the background texture and little clip art (very small) and fonts were found. I will link them as soon as I find the source again, but the map itself was done by hand in photoshop one layer at a time. The coloring was done with a very soft brush and very low opacity in many many layers to give it a hand painted feel.

Ultimately the map ended up not being of much detail and being hard to read which I kind of like considering it works with the region. At a later date I might do a version with more landmarks... once the players discover them anyways.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rash_el_and_surrounding_regions_by_theronin7-d7p0iu5.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	65465

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Well, welcome to the guild, and thanks for jumping right in with a map! I'm wondering, did the font come distressed or did you do that yourself? Either way I like the look.

Enjoy your time here!

cheers
    Meshon

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    Well, welcome to the guild, and thanks for jumping right in with a map! I'm wondering, did the font come distressed or did you do that yourself? Either way I like the look.

Enjoy your time here!

cheers
    Meshon

It came pretty distressed and the look worked with the background texture. Let me go through my stuff and find which font it was because its really neat and whoever made it deserves their credit.