Thread: First Map - Empis

Wip First Map - Empis

So, it's a very addicting pastime you gentlemen have. I decided yesterday evening that it might crack open my writer's block if I drew myself a map, stumbled on this forum, and pretty much lost the next 6 hours of my life.

Anyway, so I'm fairly pleased with where I am now (relatively speaking), but I'm hoping to still add labels, a few landmarks, and maybe even towns (it's a low DPI image, but I'd hate to have to settle for just dots). We'll see how it goes. Mostly I'm just excited with what looks to be a new hobby for me.

And thanks to the excellent 'Saderan Tutorial', without which my artistically talentless self would undoubtedly have given up about five minutes in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empis.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	731.3 KB 
ID:	24723

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks nice n deserty, good job so far and welcome.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hey now, we're not all gentlemen, there are plenty of ladies around

Welcome, like that map

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild, and good first posting - and yes, this place is full of good tutorials and this hobby WILL take all your time *MUHAHAHAAAAAA*

@Gidde: a slight overweight of men I believe?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Welcome to the guild, and good first posting - and yes, this place is full of good tutorials and this hobby WILL take all your time *MUHAHAHAAAAAA*
    What Tilt just said is a complete understatement, you will be sucked in and wont even realize that days have passed...
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yandor View Post
    What Tilt just said is a complete understatement, you will be sucked in and wont even realize that days have passed...
    That's for sure. It's pretty bad when I look forward to my day off so I can have 10 or 12 hours to map...

And welcome to the Guild, Sift, and have some rep for posting your first WIP.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ditto what Di said.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps