Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Lands of Fagacea

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Max pls, WTH is "pixellated"? i still dont know what is this and how can i fix this hidden problen? o.o

wait till see my railroad they started in some places. Is like a pre victorian era. They have oil and something like gas. Started to undertand the steam technology, gunpowder is almost ready to the war.

Chashio thanks, i just saw the thing about the angle after your observation, i will keep it in mind. Maybe just luck it not affect this map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Oooh didn't understand the pre-victorian era :/ and pixellated means...well....you can see harsh pixels, looks aliased...not smooth...something like that

OHHH, how can i fix it? I stroke the shape using the layer function, i get this line after fill of white the shape. I was using it in all my maps... there is other way?

About the era. They still ate locked in the sword and shield, but in some places they use guns, have cience fighting againt magic. You can see big castles rulling some places and in other realms big mansions hosting the owner and some kind of president.
    Last edited by aquarits; 04-08-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	simple coastline techniques with varying pixelation.png 
Views:	581 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	53463

aquartis, have you ever read the Imager Portfolio series by L.E. Modesitt, Jr? It has some similarities to your setting. And it's quite a good read.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Interesting style developing here. I agree it has some elements of modern mapping, but I think that inevitable if the map emphasizes roads. I prefer the version with forests.

Got a busy week this time -.- not many time for mapping.

Thanks for the Tips Cashio, hope did it right, and rdanhenry i have a strong inclination to use forests too

I have some progress to show, almost all detailed, uploading the origial idea and something that i guess with some work can get better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-fag1.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	53598   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-fag.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	3.64 MB 
ID:	53597  

The one on the left, with the vibrant colors, is seriously awesome! I just want to spend time looking at it and zooming in to explore and read everything.

Ok, thanks for the feedback Chashio. I treid to work nore in the collor to not looks "so" shine and added some more features + a history in the forum.

For over 200 years the province of Matareia was a colony of the largest empire of Egos, The High Empire of Hirkania. During this period the families of Fagacea, Corinta, Matea and Vast tried in vain, a free trade agreement to end the abuse of the land of Matareia.
    Was in 376ab, that Marcus Fagacea in secret with other families joined in a plan that would give them freedom. Later a blow coffers Hyrkanians would start to plan for the independence of the four families. Marcus Fagacea I, as it became known, began the construction of routes throughout the colony, linking all cities with intelligently for the future military supply in the war of independence. The struggle for independence started in 411ab.
    With the death of Marcus I, his son, Mayanter , took over the reins of the conflict. But only 30 years later, in the hands of Fauler, cried Marcus Fagacea III, returning from the mountains of the White Dragons, and mounted to the winged epilogue of the war.The numerical and military superiority of Hirkania were not able to overcome the supply routes created by Marcus I and II. For over 9 years Hirkanians troops were faced with strong and supplied soldiers of Matareia. In 440ab Mayanter Fauler of Fagacea was declared emperor, Marcus III recognized as the new nation of Fagacea. In the years following the release of the remaining families was inevitable. In 442ab, Fagacea already had free the land of Matareia and the First District. The family drove Corinta other settlers in the Bay of Corinta 443ab. In possession of the lands west of the old Matareia, Fagacea advance east to ending the achievements of Fishermen's District and the Mines until 445ab. Fueled by Hassun and Larcenia until 447ab, Fagacea got strong and was to emancipate in 450ab with the interference of the Lesser Kingdowns, with the Southern Trait, in agreement with the statement giving total freedon to Fagacea and ending the war.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-fag.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	4.03 MB 
ID:	53639  

Nice! One thing... I'd move the High Empire of Hirkania label more to the left if you can, so the letters don't clash with the map details so much. It looks great otherwise! Your world inset is very intriguing.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Looks pretty nice and very detailed. Your labels are clean and legible, the key is simple and well done and the districts well bordered. But really I'm still not a fan of the icons/name roads which have really modern/contemporary style that clashes too much with your world in my opinion.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast