0 0%

2 22.22%

4 44.44%

2 22.22%

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~Tiineria~ [First Map]

Wip ~Tiineria~ [First Map]

My first submission to the Guild, this is a Map of a world featured in the game Gowang Adventures. Still have to add names to cities, mountain ranges, oceans, ect.

-Made completely in Photoshop CS5
    -Total project time 17 hours, including conception.

A political map, featuring the regions of the world is coming soon, as well as a geographic and political map of the second world, Renixo.

[Edit] Wow I just realized I misspelled the thread title. If anyone could fix that I would really appreciate it.

Geographic Version 1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map4qf2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	801.1 KB 
ID:	32499

~Unless otherwise stated by me, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
    Last edited by del337er; 01-13-2011 at 09:54 PM.

I hate rating things truth be told, but it is a really really nice map. Great colours and a nice style. I can't really think of anything bad to say about it.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Nice use of Tear's tut there, looking forward to seeing it with the labels etc. on it. Great job so far on your first map

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I hate rating things truth be told, but it is a really really nice map. Great colours and a nice style. I can't really think of anything bad to say about it.
    Ohh ok, I guess ill cut out the Poll on my next map. Thanks for the kind words, an update should be coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Nice use of Tear's tut there, looking forward to seeing it with the labels etc. on it. Great job so far on your first map
    Thanks very much, hopefully once I get better at this I can develop my own unique style, so as to stray from other peoples tuts.

Quote Originally Posted by del337er View Post
    Thanks very much, hopefully once I get better at this I can develop my own unique style, so as to stray from other peoples tuts.
    The tuts are a great starting point, no criticism intended there. Try a few of them out, each gives some great insight into how to achieve different effects with the software.

The tuts are a great starting point, no criticism intended there. Try a few of them out, each gives some great insight into how to achieve different effects with the software.
    Haha yes they are, your Hand Drawn tut was a big help. I'm still a bit better digitally than with pencil haha.

Hahaha ... I just discovered during my forced hiatus from the computer that I probably ALWAYS will be better digitally than with a pencil. You should see the crap I tried to draw

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very Nice !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Hahaha ... I just discovered during my forced hiatus from the computer that I probably ALWAYS will be better digitally than with a pencil. You should see the crap I tried to draw
    Haha oh no, I can't draw worth crap on paper, but I can enough to trace and touchup in PS, I guess thats all I need lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    Very Nice !!
    Thanks alot

Looks great, Del! I like the grid.
    They only thing that I saw was the compass would look better if the lines were lined up with the grid, and the compass lined up with the lines.
    Otherwise, great! I can't wait to see the labels and how you split up the land.
    My DA

Unless I state otherwise in a post, all of my work displayed on this forum is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast