Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SciFi Air Show

Blog Entries

Default SciFi Air Show

Bit off topic but good lollage all the same.

http://www.scifiairshow.com/guided-tour.html

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's great. I suspect some high quality photoshopping in some of the later ones...

Blog Entries

In some of the latter ones....? I thought the only thing real was his jump suit. Gah - now I am going to have to have another lookie !

Edit -- nah I call shenanigans cos the shadows of the people in the distance don't match the close stuff. But wow is it ever good. The guy is a visual effects supervisor at ILM. Thats kinda makes you think a) ohh in that case theres no way its real and then b) He worked on 6 Star Trek films and probably could be in charge of some of the sets so some of it could be (non functional obviously) real.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-26-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, okay. It's all photoshopped, but I was particularly impressed by the in-flight images.

Blog Entries

Yeah its great aint it. I just love it when people do these nut job things. I wish my 3D skillz were this good tho.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I was wondering where the X-wings, Y-wings, and TIEs were. I'm with ya Red, if I could do 3d that nice I'd do more than just play around with it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

really cool... and I'm guessing the x-wings etc are not there cause they wanna show of their own work.. and don't wanna risk a lawsuit
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    really cool... and I'm guessing the x-wings etc are not there cause they wanna show of their own work.. and don't wanna risk a lawsuit
    Their own work? Do you realize these ships were from classic tv shows like Space 1999, Land of the Giants and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Well anyways, I enjoyed the link because I'm a fan of those shows

Heh. I love the crashed Eagle. I was a constant viewer of the original BSG and Space 1999 (whenever it was in the late 70s - I know I was in 4th grade, so 9 yrs old or something) until I got hooked on Star Wars. I had an Eagle and *almost* got a Viper that Christmas from JC Penney but they recalled the bloody things (remember the kid that shot a missile down his throat) so my order got put on hold and then they wanted to send me one with the missile glued in and I declined. I guess I was a sci-fi geek from the start.
    M

Edit: @Wolf63: Not everyone's old like us!
    Last edited by mearrin69; 08-30-2010 at 06:52 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf63 View Post
    Their own work? Do you realize these ships were from classic tv shows like Space 1999, Land of the Giants and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Well anyways, I enjoyed the link because I'm a fan of those shows
    no - I had no idea, but then again - taking mearrins age-comment into account those shows are probably to old for me to have seen. Not that I'm not the same age as him (I'm guessing here) but more that growing up in Denmark we only had 3 tv channels when I was small, a few extras when I hit the teens and first a more wide spectrum as I was a young adult. So all those tv shows you americans got to enjoy I never knew existed *sigh*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast