Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Lands of Fagacea

You're very welcome, I'm glad to help!

I am almost as fond of flags and heraldry as of maps. Consequently, I've already past a lot of time to improve my own techniques in that matter.
    I think you're right : your number 2 is the better one According to me, it has the better balance color/contrast and a good look.

In fact, in my sample, I used "multiply" and "clear mask" on the second. But I didn't get the good colors and the best resolution of texture/shields. I already prefered the "multiply" effect though!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Oh yeah, I thought that, you not "get the good colors" coz you get a shield with some applied effects. I worked with the first draws, with none of the first effects to pollute the final view.

But you did the best, showing me the way to do this

Here is the background story about the area. I am not uploading the last map waiting some more observations.

But i have some more work about this new style. I want to make more maps using it and try improve the style. First step is make it smooth for use. In Valdor i got a file with 2,4 gb... its crazy while processing. Getting more experience with the new style to draw the shapes. So, for my world i will need 3 regions using a iced environment, better i start to practice. "Ice, Ice babe"
    Starting, i upload the topo with the basic shape, the globe that i will use in my compass, the border layout and the first try using few elements (trying get a cold felling).
    Have some job to do, cos after the the real river and mountains positions, i got new politic, geographic and economy reasons to set in new positions the 3 orc realms and the dark elf empire.

**Valdorn background**
    The best ideas comes from a war and Valdorn know that, transformed magic , engineering and curse in weapons to defend themselves . The protection of " free lands of the North" was given by atypical conditions . Sentenced by a curse the people of the district passed for difficult times. When your leader " Austin Barithon " fought their conflicts with the " Creatures of the Night" he was cursed to never see the light of day . The Queen " Elizabeth Valdorn " sent her forces to aid the district leader , a parallel task force secretly sent to the extermination of this evil plague.
    Led by " Carl Marlirs " , the task of the troops was to enter the gates of hell and defeat the fearsome " Sucumbus " . At this time , " Iris " , the fearsome threat , plotting to take the capital.
    Disconsolate by not find the leader of the " Creatures of the Night " , " Carl " and his band returned to the castle of the capital to find the queen in an emergency meeting in the galleries of the castle . " Lester Tylor " with " Austin Barithon " joined forces to present the queen a weapon to drestroy a fearsome foe : Engineering .
    Projects for the development of new weapons and equipment for combat, would need six months to be ready . In times of war on land of " Valdorian " this would be an eternity . Led by the Queen herself , the soldiers of the capital upheld the defenses throughout the time required for Lester and Austin could counterattack. They did not disappoint , however had to pay a price .
    Before being destroyed " Sucumbus Iris " the Queen was imprisoned in a crystal block putting in all the land of mayhem Valdorn . In the midst of this hell " Carl Marlirs " took the reins of the empire to find a solution to the curse that dominated the queen . His son " Seth Marlirs " still cares for the welfare of the kingdom .
    Recently, "Black Rose " lands of " Austin " were given as free . " Seth " and " Austin " believe that the black blood of their land may weaken the power of Valdorn be continued under the same monarch . The immortal " Austin " swear allegiance to the crown of Valdorn until the queen is free from the curse and that her grandson " Solon Valdorn " can take the throne.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	topo_ondara_base.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	58025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled map.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	58026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	borda.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	58027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Ondara cópia.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	58028  

Some more progress. More elements and some Labels.

My Work flow is a bit messed coz i have to respect my hand limitation ( 30 min working = 30 min relaxing and 2 hours out of combat ) and ideas come out and need to wait till it get back.

Name:	Untitled-Ondara cópia.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	58056  

Some more progress. Guess almost done.

Name:	brazoes_ondara cópia.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	58144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Ondara.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	58147  

Its done.
    Using my free 30 mins to work, i started other Just improving the same style. Following the basic layout.

The human city in the Continent of Sharaon. Blackwinter is leaded by Corossus Flouren since 303 ab. holding the borders with lands of the Orcs from Ondara end the Dark elves from Velun. A weak comercial alliance sustain the relationship between the fours realms. Suported by Valdorn, Blackwinter can use the airplanes technology to make business with the other sides of the world. The ship force is other strong point of this nation, that can make safe the borders ensuring the protection of the two Vertex in the island.
    Velun and Ondara (that is formed by two tribes, “Ondara” and “Broamir”) sustain a alliance holding the safe of the Northern Vortex, used in the mystical rituals to provide forces to the endless war against Veloria. Nowdays some agrrements are discused with Tristania and Valdorn, to make a alliance in a possible war for the lands where the Railroad need to pass to conect the two continents. Whispering in a secrect, Randoria more south can allie to Veloria, what is making a tense negotiation between all involved realms.

Name:	Untitled-Ondara.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	4.42 MB 
ID:	58186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled map.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	58187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tristania.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	58188  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

The background texture on the right image attached is very bad quality and way too much pixellated.

yeah, i saved in the lower quality, just for a preview, like the first view of the shape that i get from my "world map" vector ( you know, just to see the area that i will detail and scaling). I am having problems with the file size, losing quality to get it near to 4mb.

Default Trying to come Back

Hello again.

Got few time since my last check in the CG, i have to say that i miss you all, after 1 year here i made friends but i was forced to make a choice to not use Internet for a while thnx to my other 2 surgerys in my right hand.
    Taking out the pain, everthing is going fine

Well, passint this time out, i made other map and posting it before start a new work. I feel good with this one that opened my mind for other sources and made me improve my style.
    Defitly i love this font ( Arno_Pro), my trees and the template that i use in to get more effects, The borders are getting better i guess, the icons and labels maybe few touchs till i think that is nice and thos mountains now gave me a new direction to learn that i am liking.

Name:	tristania.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	3.83 MB 
ID:	60629  

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast