Thread: Inspired by Turgenev - My Old-skool Dungeon Map

Map Inspired by Turgenev - My Old-skool Dungeon Map

I hope Turgenev doesn't mind that I used his ideas to do my Microlite 20 adventure map (the one I'm taking one or more daughters through this weekend) in GIMP in old-skool style. Man, if I had been able to do this kind of stuff on my C64 when I was playing blue/red box, I would have never left my teenage years!

Please feel free to give me criticism and advice... I'm still learning. This took me about 2 hours to do; I'm still the GIMP n00b.

Neurowiz

(BTW, Microlite20 is the coolest thing that I've run into in a long time. I'm replacing my "D&D Adventure Game" contents with the 2 page printout of the core rules and feeling pretty spiffy! ) (If that link is down, try this one.)

Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar

Looks good for a first try at styling it old school and microlite does look fairly nifty .. i'll have to take a closer look

Looking pretty sharp. I would be interested in seeing your legend/number key for this map. What's area #2? A walled Fort or building of some kind? What's the access to area #6? Secret or concealed doors?
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    Looking pretty sharp. I would be interested in seeing your legend/number key for this map. What's area #2? A walled Fort or building of some kind? What's the access to area #6? Secret or concealed doors?
    Yes, area two is a destroyed tower, of which only a portion of the wall remains, with an old swollen, ruined door leading into the hillside. I forgot to put the S for Secret Doors from 5 and 8. OOps

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

If you want, I can send you the adventure writeup to your email.

Neurowiz

Quote Originally Posted by Neurowiz View Post
    If you want, I can send you the adventure writeup to your email.
    Sure thing but I probably won't get to reading it right away because I have a busy weekend ahead of me (not to complain - I get to play AD&D this weekend ).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx