Thread: Greetings!

Guild Novice

Post Greetings!

Just joined the forum a couple days ago. I have been mapping by hand for many years now, and have recently been dabbling with CC3. Some of my first projects will involve recreating my old drawings into electronic format. I'm really looking forward to sharing them with all of you as well.

I am very impressed with the talent and imagination brought forth in this forum. I look forward to collaborating with all of you. All the best.

Kalomier

Welcome aboard!

As someone who has been recreating my old Pen-n-Paper maps for years in CC2 and now CC3 I know what you are going through!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Kalomier View Post
    Some of my first projects will involve recreating my old drawings into electronic format.
    Kalomier
    You are smart enough to have them kept.

Welcome

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Novice

Good stuff NeonKnight! Thanks for posting them ... ok, I really need to get that new scanner now.
    Kalomier

Long-time CC2 user; embarking into CC3.

Very good maps, I like them all... but I must say that there is something wrong with your harbors, unless the story is not set in medieval era. I think that harbors were not built into the sea until XVII or XVIII century, or even XIX. In medieval times natural bays were used, because it is not easy to make stable building starting from the bottom of the sea [if you don't have reasonable technology]. Look for example medieval Constantinople... Actually I think that in medieval times and before, the smaller bays were closed with wooden palisades to make inner water level lower and the stones from the inner ground was taken to make more space for ships... but I might be wrong...

anyway great work...

I hope you understood what I wrote [sometimes it is hard to understand my English]. No hard feelings, just a friendly note...
    Last edited by mazeater; 07-21-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mazeater View Post
    Very good maps, I like them all... but I must say that there is something wrong with your harbors, unless the story is not set in medieval era. I think that harbors were not built into the sea until XVII or XVIII century, or even XIX. In medieval times natural bays were used, because it is not easy to make stable building starting from the bottom of the sea [if you don't have reasonable technology]. Look for example medieval Constantinople... Actually I think that in medieval times and before, the smaller bays were closed with wooden palisades to make inner water level lower and the stones from the inner ground was taken to make more space for ships... but I might be wrong...

anyway great work...

I hope you understood what I wrote [sometimes it is hard to understand my English]. No hard feelings, just a friendly note...
    Nope, not at all, the harbors are to repesent more long wooden piers out into the water.

The fun thing about a pseudo medieval setting with magic, is things we take for granted can be accomplished with a few helpful water breathing folk, elementals, and powerful magic.

But thanks for the info.