Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Tiny Garden

Guild Novice Facebook Connected strokes's Avatar

Map The Tiny Garden

I'm in the process of converting the old AD&D Module 'Dungeonland' over to 4e for my campaign. I just finished 'The Tiny Garden' and thought I would share it with you folks. I'm using CC3 as my cartography application. Any comments are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Tiny Garden_DM.JPG 
Views:	398 
Size:	385.9 KB 
ID:	8497  

Post Nice first post!

Nice first map post! You ought to introduce yourself in the New Member Intro Forum.

Gave you some REP, for posting a map in your first post!

Looks like you are comfortable using CC3, though, and a nice one at that. You might have saved that as a larger map, so we could see some more detail. Interesting title font, though its almost unreadable...

Welcome aboard!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-16-2008 at 05:40 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Repped!

I think it's a beautiful, crisp map. And I have to agree with Gamerprinter, you obviously are comfortable with CC3. I would be interested in a higher resolution version also.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Thanks folks. I've been working with CC3 for a couple of years now, so I feel I know my way around it all right. I've also been a long time lurker on this site, although I've haven't been around much lately. I did post a city map of Everlund a while back, but it was sometime ago. Seems like the site has gone through some changes since then.

The Title Font I used for the map is called Mutlu, a TT caligraphy font I found free online. In trying to keep with theme of a formal english garden, I thought this might work, but I thought that it was almost unreadable also. Any suggestions would be helpful with this.

This map will be used on MT, so when I get the player's version going I'll post a higher resolution map for you folks to check out.

I concur. Beautiful map. Well Done indeed.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

LOL, I just read the sticky for this thread. This may not be the appropriate place for my post. If there's a more appropriate place for my map please move. This map is still in the works and I'm just looking for some advice on making it look better.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice...

I did a conversion of the Chateau d'Amberville maps a while back. Though I did them in Photoshop
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by strokes View Post
    LOL, I just read the sticky for this thread. This may not be the appropriate place for my post. If there's a more appropriate place for my map please move. This map is still in the works and I'm just looking for some advice on making it look better.
    I moved it to the appropriate forum section... Once you have a completed work, feel free to post up in the finished maps forum
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

I really like this map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast