Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gothic Horror Map Symbol Set

I'm voting the book is just an account book for real estate. I have it on good authority that its a great way to get in to see a vampire.

Perhaps not for this set, but I designed some Victorian/Steampunk-ish necromancer devices, so I put them together as the lair of the Necropilizer (undead making device) out of the parts. This is almost entirely 3D, except for the floor and walls, which is Xara, of course. I reused the box of limbs from the vivisectionist's operating room, as the "firewood" for the furnace it is adjacent to...

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	necropilizer.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	64412
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Another gothic horror symbol - a pipe organ for some creepy music!

Name:	pipe-organ.png 
Views:	244 
Size:	584.1 KB 
ID:	64511
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Well to inspire me to create more gothic horror icons, I decided to begin work on a small gothic castle, using some of what has already been created and some direction for things needing added. So far, hardly furnished, but I've got the great hall as the first floor. The spiral stairs on lower right goes to the cellar level, the stairs to the lower left go up to the palisade wall, while the stairs on top right go up to the palace level. A second floor with several chambers comprise the palace level for library, study, conservatory, parlour and storage areas. With intentions of a third floor with the private residences there. I will also create a wine cellar, masoleum, spring and catacombs level, as well as top down outside of castle, castle grounds, wall, and surrounding area. I wanted a place to put the pipe organ (which is what got me started on this...) This is a work-in-progress.

Name:	gothic-castle.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	64583

I plan to add a chapel altar opposite the "throne" on the main floor. I want to create mounted elk and boar heads over the dining table on the wall south of it. The dining table will get a full banquet layout of table decor, roasted pig and other culinary delights, place settings, etc. Doing the roofs, inspire me to create gargoyles and other roof statuary. The library might get a large metal planetary globe, with arm for moon as a center piece among shelves of books, book ends and statuary. So as I say, needing to fill each purpose built room inspires me to create the right content to fit the theme, and actually compells me to work faster in its completion.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-31-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Work in progress continues - all work still on the great hall level. Added entry stairs, doorways, fireplaces. Create an altar with 2 angel statues (from the fireplace), I plan to do female deity statue. I created a full banquet dinner on the dining table. And created a mounted elk head. Still got more to do, but I wanted to post the progress... (so I'll be able to pull the mounted heads, altar, banquet layout as separate icons, eventually.)

Name:	great-hall.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	64632
    DrivethruRPG store

Great job with the pipes on the pipe organ.

Yes the pipes is good

The second floor, or palacial level is just about complete. There is a conservatory/music hall where the pipe organ is kept, along with some pew seating. The northwest tower is the lord's office. The chamber to the north is the library (still a few more books to place). The chamber south is the small council chamber. The chamber to the right side is the Chamberlain's office with a small chamberlain's quarters in the southeast tower. Moving right along...

In this section, an antique globe, the pews, the simple bed and secondary desks and cabinets, are the majority of new objects, though you can also see the large candelabra as well. The next floor should feature more unique objects...

Name:	palacial-level.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	64653
    DrivethruRPG store

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Just created a coach, with coachman and horses with proper tack. I created both one of the full vehicle, and one with the roof off the passenger area for game use.

Edit: also did a small candelabra, which I've just attached.

Enjoy!

GP

Attachment 64212Attachment 64213
    Those look great, but do you have transparencies so that the white background doesn't show up? I tried to find an attached file but I had no success in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrunchen View Post
    Those look great, but do you have transparencies so that the white background doesn't show up? I tried to find an attached file but I had no success in that.
    This set of Gothic Horror Objects will be released soon. All objects will be PNG files with Alpha channel transparencies - even those posted that currently aren't, will have transparency included.
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast