• Multilevel Madness by RobA

26 31.71%
  • Timmy's Random Dungeon

3 3.66%
  • Not ... I dont know by Torq

7 8.54%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March Challenge Voting

I voted for Justintime. His map is an adventure on it's own!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Well, I was lured out by an e-mail and I voted.
    I was looking without success to find the criteria that the mappers had for this contest.
    I read the rules thread, but since all had the same layout I must be missing something somewhere that gave the contest theme it's feet. . . . Could anyone point me in the right direction. . . .

It's an interesting contest - might bear looking into the beginning of April. . . .
    Hi Micah,

I think you need this link.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1580

Oh and if your entering next month then I will have to at least double my efforts... I have seen your maps

There were a lot of good entries in this challenge. They would have won previous challenges.

I especially appreciated RobA's work with _free_ mapping tools. I would find this a very valid category and, this month, he'd take this hands down IMHO.

Many entries had a really high sense of completeness with 3d textures and shading and levels of professional appeal.

Finally, perhaps because I've been swearing at computers this week, I cast my vote for delgondahntelius because he had the will to dump the computer and the patience to do it in pen.

Del, that's a very interesting map and glows with the time you put into it.

You get my vote because you didn't have an Undo button and because you obviously love what you're doing.

-Sigurd

Quote Originally Posted by alucard339 View Post
    I was torn between humor, usefulness and technicality.
    I decide to turn and go for the one I will definitely use in an upcoming stand alone gaming session.
    One of the things that strikes me about using someone else's map is that usually we would want to adapt it in some way or add to it. To be able to do that depends on the format it is in and the software that we have available and whether the images in the map are accessible and changeable within the file format and/or are available separately. Some maps look very good, but I know I will never use them because I don't have, and can't access, the means to adapt them.

Hmmm... somebody hit the wrong button, 'cause I've got a vote!

I voted for Torq, on the basis of the sheer beauty of the map. If I had a second vote, it would go to RobA, but he's got enough already!

Dormouse: One of the nice things about being able to interact with the mappers on a site like this is that, if you see a map you'd like to use, and possibly modify, there's a possibility the original cartographer might provide source files which would make it easier to alter. I know that I'd be happy to turn over a CC3 or Photoshop file if someone wanted to use one of my maps for an adventure.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Midgardsormr- I don't want to subvert or take over the thread inappropriately, so I'll post a response in a new thread in General Discussion.

I am a bit surprised by my three votes as well. It's about three more than I thought I'd get.

Like so many others, my vote went to RobA. His map was just too ingenious to pass up... not to mention a bit inspiring.

Hey Ravs nice sig!
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Guild Member

Dang, too late to vote, but I'd have gone for "Send Help" as well )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast