Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by msa View Post
    What do y'all catch? I mean... I'm not much of a fisherman, I just like to get drunk on the water and look at trees. Usually trout and bass are stocked fish, although catfish are everywhere. Does the lake get stocked?
    The lake doesn't get stocked and there isn't many predatory species around, mainly northern pike and perch. But its still fun to fish there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jykke View Post
    The lake doesn't get stocked and there isn't many predatory species around, mainly northern pike and perch. But its still fun to fish there.
    Well pike are supposed to be a huge amount of fun to fish for. I've done most of my fishing is stocked lakes in the south for the same 'ole same 'ole. Your lake sounds like more fun.

Worked on the underlying terrain + water. I don't like the sand road I did on the map earlier, so I'll probably redo that. And because the terrain was edited to some extent, I have to do all the distribution maps all over again (or just edit the old ones to fit the new terrain). I also added some aerial perspective effect to the image, but I don't know if it makes the map look better or not.. I don't like the forests as they are on the previous version of the map, so they need to be tweaked also. Well, I'll probably work on it more on the weekend.

Edit: Added a small render from the same map
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terrain-test.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	15820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terrain-test2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	15827  
    Last edited by Jykke; 08-12-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msa View Post
    Well pike are supposed to be a huge amount of fun to fish for. I've done most of my fishing is stocked lakes in the south for the same 'ole same 'ole. Your lake sounds like more fun.
    Yeah pike are fun to fish.. especially with surface lures. Looks cool when they sometimes almost jump out of the water when striking on the bait.

Post Plop. Another day, another version.

Worked on the map AGAIN. I think the trees look a bit better now than before, but the distribution map is a bit off, as the forest overlaps with some roads.. I also played around with gain, saturation, etc.. the light area on the image is actually some clouds getting in the way of the camera, might have to tune that also. I turned off the water vegetation because.. well, just because . The dots on the map are demonstrating the way I am planning to mark the locations where fish have been caught.

Looks like it might work or ?

oh, and sorry for the low-res version
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fishing-Lodge-x.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	359.1 KB 
ID:	16009  

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I like the idea of the clouds, but as they are I find them a touch distracting. Not sure if I have any helpful advice on how to adjust them though, haven't tried working with cloud layers yet.

I miss the weeds!

The only other thing is the trees on the road but you already know that -- but I would leave them over the dirt road. It not only looks cool, I know a lot of dirt roads that are covered by canopy

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

There are some fantastic realistic cloud tutorials on the web. I've used them before with good success.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12