Thread: CC3 wall drawing question

Guild Novice

Default CC3 wall drawing question

Why is it that when I draw a wall in CC3, my wall doesn't fully close when I get to the end of the wall? In other words, I start drawing a wall at point A. I make the wall turn several times and then I come back to point A to finish the room. But there's a visible gap between where I began and ended the wall, even though I'm returning to the same point. What am I missing?

Hi revaddict,

If this is what I think may be happening, you need to start drawing the wall in the middle of the wall rather than at one of the corners to get it to close properly - in other words, don't start/end drawing the wall at one of the corners.

Hope that's what it is and this helps.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Guild Novice

Oh, yes, that should do it. Thanks!

That's great! BTW, getting walls to close completely at corners is on the new features "wishlist" that Profantasy compiles from user requests.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

If you want your walls to 'close' at the corners, use the LINE TO PATH or COMBINE PATHS tool (right mouse on the FRACTALIZE button). This will close/join the corner into a single entity.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    If you want your walls to 'close' at the corners, use the LINE TO PATH or COMBINE PATHS tool (right mouse on the FRACTALIZE button). This will close/join the corner into a single entity.
    That's a great way (and the preferred way) to do it for vector lines of width 0", but unfortunately it won't work with walls drawn with PNG bitmap artwork drawing tools directly. It would convert those back to vector lines of width 0" that you'd have to change the line width and fill styles etc. Hopefully Profantasy will come up with a quicker solution for those as per the user wish list.
    jaerdaph

Quote Originally Posted by jaerdaph View Post
    That's a great way (and the preferred way) to do it for vector lines of width 0", but unfortunately it won't work with walls drawn with PNG bitmap artwork drawing tools directly. It would convert those back to vector lines of width 0" that you'd have to change the line width and fill styles etc. Hopefully Profantasy will come up with a quicker solution for those as per the user wish list.
    True, of course my preference for BMP walls is not to change the line width but instead to use Filled Polygons.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    True, of course my preference for BMP walls is not to change the line width but instead to use Filled Polygons.
    I like to do that too, especially with "thick" walls, like castles.
    jaerdaph