Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** May/June Challenge *** Planetary survey

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by geamon View Post
    I still haven't come up with a unique an awesome concept yet but have been testing and practicing making a planet and produced this one of planet Earth. (Using this tutorial for GIMP)

Hopefully this is helpful for anyone.
    I used that tut too geamon. I just couldn't get the script to run so I had to make the planet base myself.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Oh yeah, this is right up my alley.

It's interesting how everyone has gone 'SF' on this challenge (which is the natural thought). No steampunk, no fantasy (refreshing!) although it would be hard to see how you could do a fantasy planetary survey unless... it was some planet as seen through the crystal ball of a wizard or such like.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    It's interesting how everyone has gone 'SF' on this challenge (which is the natural thought). No steampunk, no fantasy (refreshing!) although it would be hard to see how you could do a fantasy planetary survey unless... it was some planet as seen through the crystal ball of a wizard or such like.
    You realize of course what you've done.....
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Hmm, I have a bit of an idea. Though I don't know if I can pull it off. It is VERY different from the "picture of a planet with some info boxes" entries we've had so far. I'll do a bit of digging and experimenting and post it if it looks likely to work.

If anyone wants a hint, one of my recent posts relates to it.

I had an interesting idea, although time is now short, and I'm not sure if I'm capable of pulling it off. I'll have to do a bit of experimentation and see if it's doable.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Any ideas why it won't let me upload my initial WIP? It just sits there and pretends its doing something...
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

You guys have really outdone yourselves this month. Hard voting ahead...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast