Thread: [1st map of my World] Sunscreedge Island

Default [1st map of my World] Sunscreedge Island

It's my first map created in Photoshop.

Sunscreedge is a name of island, kingdom and capital. It was created for PC RPG, and I want to know opinion of other peoples.))

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51122389/Sunscreedge.png

Guild Apprentice

It's a pretty good map if I do say so myself. I really like the weathered feel it has to it. Why though does it seem to have a foreign lanuage for some points and english for others?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

It sort of looks to mee like the ocean and the land are reversed.
    This cavern is below all, and is the foe of all. It is hatred, without exception. This cavern knows no philosophers; its dagger has never cut a pen. Its blackness has no connection with the sublime blackness of the inkstand. Never have the fingers of night which contract beneath this stifling ceiling, turned the leaves of a book nor unfolded a newspaper.

I really like the colors you chose for the land and sea. Lovely names for so many of the seas and land locations.

Quote Originally Posted by sim97fan3 View Post
    ... Why though does it seem to have a foreign lanuage for some points and english for others?
    I'am from Russia and this sentence I don't understand. Can you explain this?
    Last edited by Ingraved; 05-12-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Guild Apprentice

Почему в некоторых городах на иностранном языке и по-английски?

Please excuse this sentence if it is completely horrible, I translated what I said to Russian on Google Translate. I figured that would make it easier for you to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by sim97fan3 View Post
    Почему в некоторых городах на иностранном языке и по-английски?

Please excuse this sentence if it is completely horrible, I translated what I said to Russian on Google Translate. I figured that would make it easier for you to understand.
    Some map objects have a names in "Original" languages of races (game races), like Haz'Mareil, Shinig Mountain and other. Names like Sivilla, Denethra, Saldora - names of Goddess. This is all "turns around" history of Sunscreege.

It looks good, but I think the weathering effect is a little bit too high-contrast -- it makes the text hard to read.

Gorgeous! I agree about the text, though. The glow helps, but you might consider using a different text color and adding a slight drop shadow.