Thread: Game Of Thrones Emmy for Main Title Sequence!!!

Default Game Of Thrones Emmy for Main Title Sequence!!!

I posted this on the Facebook page, and thought I'd share it here... I haven't participated in the forums to this point, and haven't submitted any work of note (yet), given my ridiculous work schedule, but wondered if anybody else was as excited about this one as I was...

"A hearty kudos to the Game Of Thrones production staff at HBO who won the "Best Main Title Sequence" award at the Emmys... A world map inverted into the interior of the "planet" sphere, a fiery, heliocentric astrolabe engraved with the historic struggles of the realms, and clockwork cities emblazoned with the house sigils rising from the capitals... This is dynamic, illustrative cartography at its best!!!"

...It is work like this that inspires... My jaw dropped after seeing it on the first episode. Such a succinct, perfect visual way-finding element to start an episode, that also changes week-to-week... Perfect mapwork, if you ask me...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yes, its a great opening sequence ... and kudos for de-lurking, welcome
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Good to see that the guy playing Tyrion Lannister got an award too!
    Without Tyrion both the book and the show would've Been quite dull.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    Without Tyrion both the book and the show would've Been quite dull.
    I agree.

...Although if I had to listen to him ask just one more time "where whores go" in A Dance With Dragons, I think I might've hurled the book through a window.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Alex's Avatar

Peter definitely deserved to win. He practically makes the show (along with Arya! xD), and makes the books...well, pretty much makes them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I agree...Although if I had to listen to him ask just one more time "where whores go" in A Dance With Dragons, I think I might've hurled the book through a window.
    Dead on. I was also disappointed that all his wacky wanderings and misadventures didn't actually get him anywhere the whole novel. I can't help but think that, should Martin have decided to just cut every single Tyrion chapter and opened the next book with him stepping off a boat from a long journey to Dany, we really wouldn't have missed much.

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post
    I was also disappointed that all his wacky wanderings and misadventures didn't actually get him anywhere the whole novel.
    I think this can be said about a lot of the peoples stories in all his books. I think the books would have been twice as good if he had shortened them a bit. Probably that is the reason I like the tv-show more then the books. They leave out a lot of the unnecessary stuff. Some of you might think this is blasphemy, but I think it is the truth. Still really good books though :-)
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It seems to me that all of the Tyrion chapters in DoD were more to bring in Aegon and Jon Connington than add anything to his overall story.

Still enjoyed the book and happy to see that the show got more awards, for comments from Martin himself see the "Not A Blog" link at his website.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Personally, I'd watch a show just about him, I like his straightforwardness. The rest seem too uber-dramatized, over noble, or just plain wanker-y.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps