Thread: Regional map

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Map Regional map

Here's a regional map that I drew not to long ago for a game that hasn't happened yet... just thought I'd share it. It hasn't been completely fleshed out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slavers.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	361.3 KB 
ID:	2476  

Interesting map,
    I think that depending of its use, you should think about doing on some kind of scroll (maybe dead animal skin of a piece of wood) around the map, to give it a feel of realty (like a "treasure map"). Redo the whole symbol style for the hills and the mountains (more like range instead of individual), because a person will almost never draw Individual Mountain when doing a sketch map (as opposes to a whole regional map) on a scroll like yours seems to tell me.
    Then even so you wish to use it as a normal game map, just adds a small "X" someplace not too visible, to get the possibilities of a side quest or something and let your players remark it and try to find th location.

NOTE: By the way, to any guild admin, It could be a good challenge to take a handmade none-finish map like this and ask the challenger to produce a finish version of it with some restriction on its use (treasure map, history book ,..), but not on the making style.

Ciao,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Nice beginning, del--I think this map has great potential! Looking forward to seeing more.

I must agree with a few of alu's suggestions. I think these would improve the map quite a bit--especially the mountains comment, for they are the weakest part of your map, I think I do like your woods, though--I lot! They look great!

Quote Originally Posted by alucard339 View Post
    NOTE: By the way, to any guild admin, It could be a good challenge to take a handmade none-finish map like this and ask the challenger to produce a finish version of it with some restriction on its use (treasure map, history book ,..), but not on the making style.
    Great idea for a challenge, Alu. Actually, it's funny you say this because I have a half-finished tutorial on my comp that basically shows how to do this: take a plain-jane, simplistic map and turn it into a player handout, etc. I do like the challenge idea, though. A lot!!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Godd beginning of a map

On part of challenge... i look forward to the march challenge, i want to take it if it fits my skills.. february was a little too late for me