Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** January/February 2014 Lite Challenge: Circle, Triangle, Square ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** January/February 2014 Lite Challenge: Circle, Triangle, Square ***

Hey everyone! This challenge will be kind of a free form type of thing. Your mission is to create a map that incorporates a circle, a square, and a triangle. The theme and type of map is entirely up to you, but each entry MUST include all three shapes in one form or another. Be creative; they don't even have to be visible as such - you could incorporate them as open space in a park or something.

Please do remember to title each thread: January/February 2014 Lite Challenge: < your title here >

Also remember to preface each image you want to show up in the thumbnail scraper with: ### Latest WIP ### (If you don't, your map won't show up for the voters at voting time, which might hurt your chances. )

The challenge will end on or about the 14th of February, after which we'll have four days of voting. The winner of this month's challenge will receive, appropriately enough, a circular silver compass, demonstrating his or her all-around coolness.

Blog Entries

circle/all-aROUND...

That's punny

's a very broad challenge, isn't it? Maybe I can finish something this time!

A lot of options here, now I have to think of one!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    A lot of options here, now I have to think of one!
    Could always map your avatar... it meets the requirements

Or I could be real cheesy and map anything I want and then just stick my Avatar on the map as I often do.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Sure, you could do that. But remember with these challenges that veracity is often in the eye of the voter...

Blog Entries

I dunno... I might vote for that just for sheer grit

(Except I'm gonna win this time)

(Okay probably not)

(Think I messed up already)

(GAH!!!)

(OMG what's up with all these parentheticals...?)

I kid.

What about a Terry Pratchett-style flat world, only instead of riding on turtles and pacaderms (spelling?) yours could be floating on a giant man whose eye pokes through the center of a mountain on an... nevermind. (Shut up Jalyha!) (No you) (YOU!) (Fine, both of us!) (Okay!)

PS: I swear I'm not crazy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    his or her all-around coolness.
    I'm up for this challenge
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

I would ask if I can enter both main and lite contest with the same map :-) ... only that would give me only ten days or so and I'll probably have trouble with even a full 25-26 days to work :-b...

So - to force myself to actually dive in - I am starting a sqcirtriarecleangle map that just *happens* to be a game as well. Heck, I'll even throw in a technical compliance with last month's idyllic town. I was looking at Sanborn Fire Insurance maps from 100 or so years ago, and thinking that's a straightforward look I can probably carry off without spraining a brain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    I would ask if I can enter both main and lite contest with the same map :-) ... only that would give me only ten days or so and I'll probably have trouble with even a full 25-26 days to work :-b...

So - to force myself to actually dive in - I am starting a sqcirtriarecleangle map that just *happens* to be a game as well. Heck, I'll even throw in a technical compliance with last month's idyllic town. I was looking at Sanborn Fire Insurance maps from 100 or so years ago, and thinking that's a straightforward look I can probably carry off without spraining a brain.
    I sincerely wish you the best of luck. Forget sprains.. if I tried that, my poor little brain would melt >.<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast