Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Entry: The Battle of Damon Bay

Post April Entry: The Battle of Damon Bay

To set the background...

Damon Bay is a rocky natural harbour close to the village of Dartal in the Region of Gane's Head (named after a prominent point of land).

The notorious pirate Jahan Startel attacked a trading vessel while coming through the Taim Passage. Unbeknown to Capt. Startel, a clipper from the Region's Guard was close enough to notice the flares fired. Capt. Startel was pursued all the way into Damon Bay, where he turned and fought in a ferocious battle. Damage was grievous on both sides. The clipper was sunk, and Capt. Startel's ship was adrift. He scuttled his ship after taking the largest of his stolen goods off ship and secreting them along the coast.

Years later, The captian's nephew Tarnik Startel discovered a painting apparently made by his uncle, titled "The Battle of Damon Bay", along with a brass telescope. The telescope was engraved with the words "On Damon Bay...align with the full moon...revealed by the guiding light."

This is a map of Gane's Head and the surrounding Region from one of the charts created by the Region's guard showing the area. This map is NOT my entry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Region.png 
Views:	193 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	3125

-Rob A>

And here is Captain Jahan Startel's (somewhat mediocre) painting, as it hangs on the wall of Tarnik's Study...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battle of Damon Bay_cr.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	3128

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    That's brilliant!!!! But where's the spot?
    The yellow 'X' from the lighthouse... (I updated the engraved clue to be hopefully less cryptic, while being more cryptic )

-Rob A>

Brilliant, I love it!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    The yellow 'X' from the lighthouse... (I updated the engraved clue to be hopefully less cryptic, while being more cryptic )

-Rob A>
    But......but you can see the yellow X on the picture without using the telescope.....or am I being incredibly dense?

But you wouldn't know the painting was a distorted view of a map of the coastline! The paint scene is supposed to look like a view of Damon Bay, but the X marks a spot quite a ways west of that...

-Rob A>

What a cool, cool idea! Nicely thought out!

(I'm having trouble seeing the X, too though, I must admit.)
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast