Thread: Free Vintyri (TM) Cartographic Collection for The GIMP Available

Default Free Vintyri (TM) Cartographic Collection for The GIMP Available

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vintyricc.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	49305 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brewery05_55x50SLA.png 
Views:	1213 
Size:	462.9 KB 
ID:	49306 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brownbeavertail.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	49307 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Building15_80x80BTL.jpg 
Views:	1360 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	49308

Jeffry Hysong has been kind enough to convert the complete Vintyri (TM) Cartographic Collection into individual brushes and patterns for The GIMP. The package now is available for free downloading at our web site. It is released for free commercial and personal use under the OGL 1.0a. The collection includes five sets of brushes, most of which are structures based upon historical medieval buildings in Europe. (See the thumbnail samples above.) There are more than 1,000 symbols or objects in this group. The sixth set includes more than 100 fill patterns or textures which are available as both GIMP brushes and GIMP patterns.

Because of the download size (total 760 MB) and the desire of some users to download only certain groups of brushes, the package has been broken down into 17 separate ZIP files. We strongly suggest that users first download the free PDF Vintyri Cartographic Collection Guide which shows the complete content of each catalog. It is available at:

http://www.vintyri.org/downloads/vintyricc.zip (62 MB)

This PDF booklet also includes photos of many of the historical objects that were used as prototypes for the GIMP brushes.

To download the brushes and patterns, go to the Vintyri web site:

http://www.vintyri.org

and pick the Vintyri Cartographic Collection option.

Please note that the Cartographic Collection originally was released for Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 and Dundjinni (TM). A Campaign Cartographer (TM) 3 version also is in development. The first two sets out of six for CC3 also are available.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Thanks Mark, surfing the catalog and downloadin added alittle rep for this

Great resource Mark!!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is terrific. I've used some of the overland and structure fills and they are great. Its nice to see all of this packaged up for us GIMP (and PS) users. Thanks !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    Its nice to see all of this packaged up for us GIMP (and PS) users. Thanks !!
    I'm not a PS user, so I don't know the answer to this question. Can the GIMP patterns and brushes be used directly in PS, or is further conversion necessary?
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Yes you are right!!!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
    I'm not a PS user, so I don't know the answer to this question. Can the GIMP patterns and brushes be used directly in PS, or is further conversion necessary?
    I know that GIMP has no trouble reading PS brush files so I would imagine that PS will have no problem with this.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.