Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar sizes

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Question Avatar sizes

Okay, this has been bugging me long enough........

What happened to our avatars? Is it just me and my computers, or have the Avatars gotten blown up to double (?) what they used to be? At least that is what it looks like to me.

I ask 'cause it has been bugging me a bit , and I wonder if we need to redo the images.......that and it looks a little bit ....mm....amaturish (if you will forgive the use of that term) on a site that is dedicated to visual presentation of our work (not that my offering have been too heavy of late, more of non-existant actually)

I know that my tone might be a bit harsh, but I really like this place and want it to always put its best face forward. I am sure that it is no ones express doing or intent, but I would like to either see it fixed or know what the new dimensions are for the avatars.

K, that rant should get it out of my system.....carry on

Thanks
    Korash
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I hadn't really noticed it but now that you mention it perhaps they are bigger.....and what? You don't want to see a big ol' donkey every time I post? *lol* At least he's got a nice jacket so as to maintain his professional image

I usually have a hard time discerning what people's avatars actually are because they are so small. Some of them look like they are really cool but I can't be sure. If the size has changed by double it would be good to know so folks can make sure their avatar doesn't look like 8 bit graphics.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I hadn't really noticed it but now that you mention it perhaps they are bigger.....and what? You don't want to see a big ol' donkey every time I post? *lol* At least he's got a nice jacket so as to maintain his professional image

I usually have a hard time discerning what people's avatars actually are because they are so small. Some of them look like they are really cool but I can't be sure. If the size has changed by double it would be good to know so folks can make sure their avatar doesn't look like 8 bit graphics.
    Donkey? Oh THATS what that is ( I thought it was some kind of mutated rabbit or some such...)
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Arcana has been monkeying around behind the scenes as of late so maybe he tweaked something but if he did he hasn't let us know about it. Otherwise it's all the same old same old.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    Donkey? Oh THATS what that is ( I thought it was some kind of mutated rabbit or some such...)
    rofl - No, it's a donkey I made sometime after I joined here when someone was talking about what should be in your wizard's tower. I said a Donkey butler named Seymour who wears spectacles and a long jacket. I thought it was funny and then someone said something about it looking like I'd just found my avatar. Thus, my avatar.

Thought about changing it a few times but it always makes me laugh when I look at it.

PS. Oh, and he's got an apple in his mouth for the NY maps challenge for the Soho gallery event.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's perfect. Seymour the Donkey Butler. I love it ( I am laughing so hard right now I can barely see.. )
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

k....so i get home from work and they are the proper size....will check again at work tomorrow...

@ Jaxilon - I always thought that the donkey was wearing a bathrobe and lipstick....
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I thought it was a bathrobe, too. Sorta like the Hugh Hefner of donkeys...Hugh Heifer. Oh wait, that's cows.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Well, either way at least he's clean.

@Korash - Bathrobe & Lipstick? I don't even want to know anything about this....I think Ascension might know something about it however.

PS. This thread seems to have inadvertently gotten hijacked. Sorry about that. But then again it seems like we've not only corrected Korash's issues with avatar size but also come to the realization that they are still to small to make out any details.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast