Thread: Dungeons & Dragons

Post Dungeons & Dragons

I am currently working on a D&D campaign and am looking for new players. This game would run off of the 1st Edition Rules with a new combat system known as the "Attack Priority System." I obtained the APS from an old issue of Dragon Magazine and it makes combat run much smoother. If interested let me know and we can start rolling up characters.

How does one go about requesting a private thread for this?

I don't know anything about a private thread, but I am a forum moderator over at the Obsidian Portal and a while ago I wrote up this Sticky to help people find players for their campaigns, or vice versa. You might find some decent leads there. Good luck on your new campaign and I hope you find some good players.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster View Post
    How does one go about requesting a private thread for this?
    Sorry, we've decided previously that there are many excellent sites for running a campaign (such as the mentioned Obsidian Portal), and adding that here would dilute the primary function of the Cartographers Guild.

-Rob A>

I agree with RobA but is that a 3d render of the Dungeon Master!?!?! Thats Brilliant! But to help you out, look at my profile and follow the spelljammer group link. On that page there will be a profile for a guy named "Big Mac". He and a guy named Loki do ALL KINDS of mad campaign and web site stuff. I'm sure they can help you. They are VERY helpful and informative. Loki has been featured by Obsidian Portal for his campaign work on that site.
    "We might experience some turbulence, then explode." - Mal, Firefly

Thanks for all the information. I checked out the Obsidian Portal and think thats going to be a good place for me to run my campaigns.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Big Mac's Avatar

Hope everything workds out. Don't forget to come back here to post your maps for people to look at.
    David "Big Mac" Shepheard
    New to cartography and seeking advice - eventual goal to make a large number of maps for the many worlds of the Spelljammer Campaign Setting

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Do you use a published setting, or have you made your own? If you have your own, I'm sure the folks over at the CBG (Campaign Builder's Guild)would love to hear about it.

I'm considering OP myself at the moment. I have a table-top game, but I'm really considering using it for the multi-media effects. The only thing I'm unsure about it the amount of time I can update the wiki, and the uploading of maps and custom mini information on the site. I've always had a bit of trouble uploading things onto OP when I used it as a player.
    I love custom mini's and gum... And I'm all out of gum.
    I cheat at facebook statuses, so sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoDarko View Post
    I'm considering OP myself at the moment. I have a table-top game, but I'm really considering using it for the multi-media effects. The only thing I'm unsure about it the amount of time I can update the wiki, and the uploading of maps and custom mini information on the site. I've always had a bit of trouble uploading things onto OP when I used it as a player.
    Gotta say that I'm a fan of the Portal. I think that it offers a practical way to keep track of your campaign info, and be able to share that information with your players. Thus it can serve as both a Dungeon Master's Guide and a Player's Guide to your campaign, or campaign setting. I've heard that some people have had issues with the Portal's built in media upload feature from time to tome, but you can always upload pics to an image storing site, such as image shack, and then copy and paste the links to the Portal.