Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Paid] High Quality CC3 Map for Board Game

Help [Paid] High Quality CC3 Map for Board Game

Folks,

I am currently working on a high quality prototype of a new Board Game and one of the components is a very high quality Map for the Board. I am seeking a pro to create this Map using Campaign Cartographer 3

Map Content: The Map is based on the 'real world', yet it as been adapted to the game (meaning the size and position of territories have been optimized for play, not for realism). The Map contains these area: Water/Sea, Islands, Mountains, deserts, plains and forest. A few rivers/lakes could be added for realism. The Map does NOT require any man-made structures. The "border lines" are a very important visual aspect of the Map. Also of importance, is the named description of each area, which must be 'clear' and also oriented toward the closest side of the table (the Territory Names closest to the player are oriented toward him, while the furthest names would be upside down)

Board Size: The current prototype Board is 4 seperate boards of 10"x 15" (for a total size of 20"x30"). This is a bit too large, and I would like the CC3 map to be 4 seperate boards of about 8"x10" (for a total size of 16"x20"). The CC3 Map can be created as a single entity of 16"x20" to make it easier (I assume CC3 can be told to print only part of the map if needs be). During play, players will place counters on the Map (inside the delimited territories).

Payment: Although I wish I could spend a ton of $ for this, my reality is not as bountiful. Please consider this in your quote. Obviously, your Name & Website can be added as the creator of the Map, which would be publicity for your work. Once published, I can also send you a free copy of the game. If you have other propositions for payment, I'm all ears. I would like to use PayPal for easy transfers.

If you have further questions, or are interested in looking into this project, please contact me at:
    rtaillon@aei.ca
    I will send you an high resolution image of the prototype Map, and also the 'real world' equivalent map (picked up from Google Earth)

If possible, tell me a bit about your experience with Map making, and if possible, send me some of your work (either a website or images).

Thank you!
    RiTz21
    PROTOTYPE

Last edited by RiTz21; 10-09-2007 at 10:26 AM.

The needed map has been created (and can be seen in my DeviantArt site).

I have been focusing on the creation of the Cards needed for the Board Game.

Geez making a Board Game sure is a lot tougher than it looks!

RiTz21

Sweet! You got the game Board up! I had a blast making that map, and it taught me some things about doing paid projects as well. I am looking forward to seeing this soon available for General Sale as it is the type of game I actually play.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Have you posted this information at BoardGameGeek.com? They would be the ones to give you the best feedback and there are several professional designers and producers there as well.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Nice map, Neon! Well done! Very well done!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    Nice map, Neon! Well done! Very well done!
    Thankyou, the map also was 100% CC3. No after afffects that I am aware of. Unless of course the original poster added any, I don't know.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Have you posted this information at BoardGameGeek.com? They would be the ones to give you the best feedback and there are several professional designers and producers there as well.
    Thanks! Yes I am aware of that site: It is weird: I have so many questions, that I don't know where to start...! I did read a few articles and help files on that site, but I still need more. I decided I should better focus on a few tasks at a time, or else I'll go nutz trying to put all this together...

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Thank you, the map also was 100% CC3. No after affects that I am aware of. Unless of course the original poster added any, I don't know.
    No, I've not added any special effects to the Map: The only thing missing is the Logo, which may require me to find an Artist to make... (and that's not saying anything about the whole "box" design, which sounds quite costly to commission... I just hope yo don't have to be a millionaire in the frst place to get Game Boards to market)

I can attest that you don't need much capital to get a game to market. You definitely want to talk to folks at BGG. They can really help you walk through the process. Remember you don't start with a finished product. You just want a mock up for playtesting and demonstration. Once you have thoroughly playtested it you can find a publisher to publish it for you and use their contacts for artwork and such.

Unless of course you plan on doing everything yourself. In which case, yes, you are going to need a lot of capital and your print costs are going to be quite high.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I can attest that you don't need much capital to get a game to market. You definitely want to talk to folks at BGG. They can really help you walk through the process. Remember you don't start with a finished product. You just want a mock up for playtesting and demonstration. Once you have thoroughly playtested it you can find a publisher to publish it for you and use their contacts for artwork and such.
    Well, since we have been playing for about 15 years, the play testing has been quite successful... I still plan on organizing a few more Play Tests in my area to gain insight from people who have not had the chance to play, to see how THEY find the game (I guess we're biased and need new opinions)

Unless of course you plan on doing everything yourself. In which case, yes, you are going to need a lot of capital and your print costs are going to be quite high.
    Yeah I have decided to go that road... (I did the initial 'decision' process to come up with this approach). I'll have to see once I have acquired all the needed Art.

Mythology Project
    RiTz21

Good idea about the playtesting. You can playtest until you are blue in the face, but won't find even the smallest blaring problems because you know what you meant. Turning it over to complete strangers to read the rules and take it for a spin will really put it through its paces. We see it all the time at BGG even with games from the "big publishers" there tend to be FAQs because they didn't properly playtest it with complete newbies and experienced veteran gamers.

I wish you the best of luck with it, and it looks really great. If you would like for my gaming group to take it for a test spin sometime just let me know. We are all very avid gamers and have played a ton of the games that are out there and can provide some great feedback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast