Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Keep on the Shadowfell battlemats

Guild Journeyer

Post Keep on the Shadowfell battlemats (first 5 areas)

I'm making battlemats for all the encounters that don't already have them. Here are thumbnails (ok, big thumbnails) of the first 5. The fullsize map is linked, and will print correctly at 120 dpi.

Full Size: http://www.blankenship.com/maps/shad...p_bmat_1_1.jpg

Full Size: http://www.blankenship.com/maps/shad...p_bmat_1_2.jpg

Full Size: http://www.blankenship.com/maps/shad...p_bmat_1_3.jpg

Full Size: http://www.blankenship.com/maps/shad...p_bmat_1_4.jpg

Full Size: http://www.blankenship.com/maps/shad...p_bmat_1_5.jpg

Last edited by loydb; 08-26-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

These are awesome and I'll probably use them at my next session...nice!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Thanks loydb - these are great.

Can I ask about the coloured icons on the floor of the last one?

Sigurd

Oh and you are officially encouraged to post some more!

Blog Entries

Super maps. Theres not much else to say !

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Thanks loydb - these are great.

Can I ask about the coloured icons on the floor of the last one?

Sigurd

Oh and you are officially encouraged to post some more!
    You could....but that would give away secrets from the mod, which I must congratulate the original poster for not 'spoiling' with his maps.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Journeyer

Heh. Yes, I intentionally didn't put any spoilers on the map (other than some interesting faded footprints here and there).

Glad everyone likes them, I'll finish the module up over the next week.

loyd

loydb, will you be producing VTT versions of these maps? Please?

Also, for those that may not be totally aware, you can use VTTs with these maps in your face to face game. I adds a whole new experience to a face to face game when you bring a VTT in to the session. You can use fog of war and vision blocking and make your players sit on the edge of their seats wondering what is around the corner.

If the VTT has individual vision capability, and your players are willing and able to use laptops at the table, the experience goes up even higher because PCs will disappear from view when they go around corners and the player starts screaming and going what do I need to hit and all the other players desperately want their initiative to come around so they can run around the corner.

Additonally it makes it really easy for the GM to pass notes to the players without anyone else being the wiser.

The reason I'm bringing this up is I recently played in an online game that was basically an old school dungeon crawl, and I have to say that it was one of the most fun sessions I've ever had because everything was a surprise and I couldn't see what was happening to other players when they went around the corner and were suddenly set upon by a horde of zombies. It was an absolute riot, and I would encourage everyone to at least give a VTT a try at the table just once to see what you think.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Journeyer

I don't use any VTT software -- I'm not sure where I'd even begin.

For these particular maps all you really need to do is drop the grid and tell us what your pixel scale is. That is how many pixels are there to a grid square. I'm assuming the grid is one square = 5'? How many pixels are in one square side? That gives you ?? pixels = 5'

Also, if you could remove the doors and add each type as a separate graphic that would make it possible to "animate" the doors. Refer to Gamerprinter's challenge submissions thread for this month for exact specifics on VTT elements. It will save me all the typing. Also, if you could remove the "symbols" from the last map that would be nice to so that what they represent can be "properly" used in the VTT. (We wouldn't want to spoil anything there. )
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast