Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September Entry: Rhawa

Post September Entry: Rhawa

Firt time I enter one of these challenges.

In this map I've constructed the terrain with texture patterns made from NASA satellite photography. I've also made use of textures of wood, marble and water from texture packs. The compass rose is likewise not a creation of mine.

Not very original I guess, but that's my mapping style. This may or may not be the final version. The forests could use some improvement, perhaps a bit of cloud noise added. Might think about labeling the rivers, islands, etc. but I don't want to end up with too much text on the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rhawa.png 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	6391  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Still, its a nice first entry Like the feel and color of the map ... good job

Guild Journeyer

Looking good!

Praise Nice first entry!

Nice first entry, I agree with everything Del, said about it. I like the mountains and have no problems with using photo textures for terrain in creating regional maps. I use a similar technique on my Celanta and Duchy of Dernallion maps in the Finished Maps forum.

Good job!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I, too, agree with the above...not too shabby at all as a developing style. Over time you will refine your style and tweak it but this looks pretty good.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Looks good. The swamp & Forest are not quite distinctibe from each other enough though for the Quick Eyeball pass.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks for the comments, everyone. The marsh is problematic since I couldn't find any good wetland images to make textures from. Guess I'll have to play around with some filters.

Do a google image search for swamp/marsh textures... or even better... make one up yourself... ... it's easy ... c'mon .. everyone is doing it .. it's the latest fad

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Do a google image search for swamp/marsh textures... or even better... make one up yourself... ... it's easy ... c'mon .. everyone is doing it .. it's the latest fad
    Weren't you going to create a BLOG for it Del?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Weren't you going to create a BLOG for it Del?
    lol. At least I'd have something to finally blog about.... at least that would be better than the blank template that's there now.. eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast