Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Generic Assassination locations...?

Default Generic Assassination locations...?

I'm working on a short series of typical assassination locations in a medieval fantasy urban setting for a project. I need at the most 8 map locations. I am creating an aristocrat's bedroom, and lesser noble's court, so I need a few more. Any ideas?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Secret passage from throne room to living quarters, balcony, church alcoves, wall or tower parapet, work office, library, harem, bedroom, the stands at a joust tournament, dining room, and my favorite...defenestration from anywhere high.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

One of my favorites: from behind a hanging or tapestry in the dining hall.

Who can forget the defenestration of Prague, while meeting death at velocity is certainly fun, my assassins bear poisoned daggers, with some opportunity for ranged attempts. Though I'm putting in a balcony in the aristocrat's bedchamber (where I thought the assassin might gain access.) I like the idea of a balcony overlooking a main side street - works for a ranged assassination. The Harem, Library and Work Office seem appropriate as well. The dining room idea is kind of incorporated with the lesser noble's court already. That should be enough, perhaps throw in the church alcove as well.

Thanks!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

I like assassins emerging from water with a blow-gun and poison dart. Also garrotte attack from the rafters is fun.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Colonel Mustard hiding in the latrine with a spear. More a revenge attack than escapable assassination, but still appropriate for a certain class of ruler (escapable if in an urban setting with flowing water / large enough sewers).

The Stables? Have to be really good to avoid setting off the horses.

Did anyone say the Topiary? That would be awesome, from the mouth of the giant octopus I send thee!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Default Here's a couple of assassins for my project...

No map to show yet, but here are a couple assassin illustrations for the project, these will be made into paper-minis for the project, as well as possible interior illustrations. The first one, you'll notice I made into a Wanted Poster for the project as well. I have yet to create the guildmaster of assassin, but that's next.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	assassin-1.jpg 
Views:	1315 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	24882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	assassin-2.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	24883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wanted.jpg 
Views:	3338 
Size:	597.4 KB 
ID:	24884  
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Colonel Mustard hiding in the latrine with a spear. More a revenge attack than escapable assassination, but still appropriate for a certain class of ruler (escapable if in an urban setting with flowing water / large enough sewers).
    *ROFL*
    Nice project GP, sounds like you allready have a good handfull of ideas, but what about castle gardens? Or a guild room, an alchymists chambers ... lots of things to upset in there
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

For High Fantasy... I like the park... yeah the park, but my assassin's are treants...
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast