Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request for a political map

Default Request for a political map

Hey guys, I play on a game called NationStates where you make a pseudo-nation with a government. I was hoping to make a map but i'm a horrible artist. I was just hoping for somebody here to make me a map for my nation which is titled: Ellysiumm.

• Very snowy, similar to Scandinavia. (with plenty of green of course)
    • The map itself should only include a continent (what it is shaped like is up to you), and an island system consisting of a handful of islands off the west coast of aforementioned continent.
    • The land mass should be divided into 11 districts, including the islands.
    • What you name them and what size they are is up to you, I only request that there be a district in the middle of the continent named Ellysiumm Central, Northern district called Ayesleigh, and a Southern district titled Cousland. In Ellysiumm Central lies my capital city, Wintermute. For the district names I was going for a Finnish/Swedish language style, but it's up to you.
    • In terms of scale, the continent is 500,630 square miles, but you can approximate that if you wish, I don't really care too much.
    • On the northeast corner of the continent there needs to be a large separate nation named Tomtalia. Do not count it as one of the districts. Obviously the nation that takes up the rest of the continent and owns the island system is Ellysiumm. (show only a partial amount of Tomtalia, I want it to be very large but the map to only show some of it).
    • Size: Please make it at least 3x3 inches.

Thank you so much guys, I love this site, I come here all the time for advice on Dungeons and Dragons maps.

STYLE: http://www.darkrune.dk/the-elder-scr...TamrielMap.jpg it doesn't have to look exactly like this, but the same sort of style. I would like the map to show some sort of snowy climate and landscapes if possible. (and without the medieval style font lol)
    Last edited by Fizzly182; 01-12-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: style

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Good luck in finding a taker, Fizzly. If you don't find one, I'd be happy to do this map for you.

I've changed the title of the thread to 'unpaid'

best

Ravs
    That would be great! Thanks for changing the name

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Business with NS is picking up..Wish I had some time to do this..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

So...does anyone want to take this?

Here you go, did it all in pastel blues to suggest a cold climate. If you're using it for a Nation States game, I suggest you put in the towns yourself (I've left out Wintermute). Just bring the image into Microsoft Paint or something and you can write in all the town names you need with the little dots and add to it as your Country grows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ellysiumm.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	444.0 KB 
ID:	32880  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

For a quickie, that looks great, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Cheers, took just over an hour. I like drawplus it makes for a fast workflow, although I've just noticed that one of the grass symbols is on its side, oops!...oh well! Some of the borders need cleaning up as well, but hey, it was a quickie.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice job Rav. You just beat me to it.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast