Map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vardenia & Urenia.jpg 
Views:	15376 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	63141

Created in: Photoshop

Review
    Max is one cartographer who needs no introduction. Though he's been here for just over a year he has quickly risen through the ranks as one of the most talented and prodigious cartographers the Guild has to offer. While it is the case that just about every one of the (many) maps he has displayed here merits a privileged place in the Cartographers Choice Hall of Fame, some are of particular distinction. Vardenia & Urenia is one such map. With this map Max has captured with impressive skill a style of mapping a half a millennium old. The attention to detail spent on this map is admirable and inspiring. Well done Max, you have set the bar for us once again!

Quote Originally Posted by -Max-
    Hey guys,
    Here is one of my latest personal work, the map of Vardenia and Urenia and the map of the city of Septentia. On this one, I wanted to map fictional regions trying to recreate (as best as I can) something close to late 16th century old maps style, with its flaws, its inconsistencies and typographical approximations and specifical geographic elements. I also wanted to add a map of small city in a bird's eye style, widely used in the style of that time (although usually separated from regional or continental maps). I used an odd combination of (approximate) latin and some "fake" language close to italian and a bit of spanish to label it. Anyway it was quite fun to do and I hope you'll like it!
    Original threads
    Click here to view the Finished Map thread.
    Click here to view the WIP thread.

Its pretty awesome. I especially like the medieval style drawing of the town, it adds lots of flavor.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I feel proud to be rewarded again, especially for this map, which was made as a gift for my wife's birthday Thanks much! (though it seems that the wonderful little scroll is missing on my rewards bar )

This is just spectacular.

Being entirely green to map making, I have the distinct pleasure of being able to look at something like this with complete awe and wonder, with no idea how you managed to make it look so great.

Well done!

Great map Max, an honor well deserved! Now stop basking in the limelight and make us more maps!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Working on it, working on it! Thanks Bogie

Fantastic, congrats for another featured map. Sorry, but I can't rep you yet

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Great map Max, an honor well deserved! Now stop basking in the limelight and make us more maps!
    As if he ever stopped

Well again, you deserved it Max. It's pretty impressive how you manage to turn fictional inspiration into such quality maps. Icons, fonts, illustrations, coastline and the city view are quite inspirationnal. Keep up the good work dude, love it !

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast