Thread: Todano class (hot!)

Post Todano class (hot!)

Hey people this is my new ship I made with Google Sketchup, the Todano-class. A very nice ship, at least what I think. What do you find of it? Post it (See attachment first).

jasper.horst@live.nl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Todano.bmp 
Views:	118 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	16881  

Not bad! I don't know if Sketchup supports subdivision, but if it does you might want to subdivide the leading edge of the craft if you want it to be a smooth curve - unless you're shooting for a more faceted look. The 6 little gizmos (gun turrets?) might look better if they were radially aligned to spokes radiating from the centre of the semi-circle.

Nice work!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

SU does curves poorly - once you attach a line to it, say like radiate inward to a central point, then it takes the curves and chunks it into lines. Then you can never get your smooth curve back. Tedious.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Not bad! I don't know if Sketchup supports subdivision, but if it does you might want to subdivide the leading edge of the craft if you want it to be a smooth curve - unless you're shooting for a more faceted look. The 6 little gizmos (gun turrets?) might look better if they were radially aligned to spokes radiating from the centre of the semi-circle.
    Those are photon-torpedo launchers, they are supposed to stand like this (forward).

Nice work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    SU does curves poorly - once you attach a line to it, say like radiate inward to a central point, then it takes the curves and chunks it into lines. Then you can never get your smooth curve back. Tedious.
    I know. If there would be better curves, I'd definitely use them.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Ah, thanks Ascension. I'm so glad I use Silo. Intuitive and does almost everything you want a 3d modelling programme to do.
    Silo I find too hard.