Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paint?!?!?

Post Paint?!?!?

So you think you need something more than MS Paint? Look at this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=28090
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I envy those guys so much, wish I could use the basics and pump out great stuff like that.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I spent many years trying to locate a software package that included talent in the box. I eventually realized that it doesn't work that way. I was sad.

Hehe, that is excellent. The Talent is strong in this one ...
    Regards,

RK

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Bummer, the site was under maintenance when I went to look at it...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Novice

I've seen some excellent work done in Paint. Very impressive stuff. Does anyone (here or elsewhere) map in Paint? I'd be interested to see how they'd do it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I was actually able to view it this time... no-one should be able to use MS-Paint that well, it's gotta be against some kind of universal law!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Now just imagine if he were to download GIMP or buy PhotoShop what he could do!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

That's just what I was thinking. Imagine how much more he could have done with all the time he spent on it if he hadn't had to restart it twice.

I suppose it's no different in that regard than real-world painting. I'm not sure, though, if I can see the point in becoming such a virtuoso in a program that is strictly inferior to the Gimp. Or even Paint.NET.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    That's just what I was thinking. Imagine how much more he could have done with all the time he spent on it if he hadn't had to restart it twice.

I suppose it's no different in that regard than real-world painting. I'm not sure, though, if I can see the point in becoming such a virtuoso in a program that is strictly inferior to the Gimp. Or even Paint.NET.
    Sometimes it is just for the challenge.

Like this guy who made a working 1:3 scale Ferrary 312PB: http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/ne...d_engineering/

He even made the glass for the headlights from scratch (i.e. silicone) and fabricated the rubber to mold the tyres!

-Rob A>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast