Thread: The Ascention's Photoshop Town Tutorial V2

Tutorial The Ascention's Photoshop Town Tutorial V2

I have another thread going following my attempts to make a city using the original text-only tutorial The Ascention wrote detailing his method of creating towns using Photoshop. I got pretty far into it when I realized I had made a couple huge mistakes. That's ok, I will eventually complete it, and it will serve as an excellent guide on what NOT to do, and also show how to correct some of the errors I made.

I decided to instead focus my efforts on implementing the tutorial exactly as written and simply dropping screenshots into the original word document. Ultimately to be converted to a PDF. As I got going, I also did some reformatting and broke down some of the more complex steps. I have made considerable progress, and I thought now would be a good time to get the initial version out there and start getting comments. It is HUGE, since most steps take up entire page so I could show as much detail as possible.

Phatticus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photoshop Town Tutorial - The Ascension - V2 - Part 1.pdf   Photoshop Town Tutorial - The Ascension - V2 - Part 2.pdf   Photoshop Town Tutorial - The Ascension - V2 - Part 3.pdf  

Good work! I only looked at the first of the three parts, but it looked pretty good.

Hey thanks for extending the Walkthrough Platticus; I only wish there were a GIMP translation of this tut. Who knows, perhaps some day I'll get brave enough to attempt a town tut in GIMP.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Hey thanks for extending the Walkthrough Platticus; I only wish there were a GIMP translation of this tut. Who knows, perhaps some day I'll get brave enough to attempt a town tut in GIMP.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Now thats an idea....
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.