Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mahdran

Default Mahdran

Enter the world of Mahdran, a high fantasy map that I have designed for my MMORPG vision. This land was molded magically by the hands of the Divine. As you can see the rivers are not as realistic because they branch off at different points, however, the rivers represent "veins". Each area is "zoned" based and that's why some transition biomes may look off a bit or might not make sense. I tried my best to balance realism and high fantasy at the same time. I couldn't add contours or any sheet effects because it wouldn't render if I added anything else. I tried to do sea contours in photoshop but it just didn't do any justice. I hope you all enjoy it and don't be to rough on me.

This map was created in CC3, I remember a lot of you on here despise CC3, however, I think good composition is also a form of art and hopefully I have displayed that here. The map file is massive.

Mahdran Lore

Sparks of light cast from the heavens rained upon a new world while lucid, white orbs penetrated the land’s form and ecosystem. The morning eclipsed blazed the new land as Celestial beings spawned into time. These celestial beings would mold a different part of the world consuming it with their mark. A colossal new planet was forged in the vast void. The creator of this place was known as the “Divine.” The geographical premise of this world would consist of one super continent, that he called Mahdran.

Mahdran would represent a spiritual body which all of it's environmental parts would work in a cohesive manner. The mountains would act as the bones that holds the body together without breaking apart. Rivers would act as the veins of the body providing the lifeblood to every integral life, intelligent and non intelligent lifeforms. The forests would be the lunges providing breathe for the living. And the races that dwell upon the face of the world would be the heart and the brain of Mahdran, acting as agents that influence the body and all acts upon the body. All parts are placed to hoped to be in perpetual balance of this creation.

Arrogant, thick headed, and disturbed, Zenovas made an uneasy balance of environment for the arcane high elves of Felthine. Zenovas Dark Moon was exiled from Felthine because he wanted to practice the forbidden art of necromancy. After his exile he trekked to the mountains west of the city of Tridelphia. The King of Tridelphia did not want Zenovas in his kindgom so he also banned him from all connecting cities within his nation. However, that did not stop Zenovas to recruit adepts for his new found teaching. Zenovas housed his new necromancy academy within a network of caves beneath the volcano Hydrovonus. After recruiting his adepts, Zenovas would attempt the impossible, breach the Crossrealm, the realm in which balances all physical and spiritual entities. By doing so, Zenovas broke the first thread of fate.

The Origin of Vainspire: Vainspire is the most evil entity known. He was held captive in the lowest planes of existence which are known as the “Abyss”. Vainspire was held by three threads of fate. The Pendulum of Vox Malum is a celestial balancing unit that weighs good and evil in all realms of existence. Only divine entities can read it and rebalance it by their own will. However, Mahdran is the only realm where the creation can balance or unbalance the Pendulum of Vox Malum by their will of actions of their world. When the balance weighed evil by the acts of men in Mahdran it allowed Vainspire to break free, which allowed Vainspire to travel through different astral planes to breach the Crossrealm. The Crossrealm is the middle astral plane which balances the physical and spiritual entities. Only at this pinnacle, Vainspire has the most access to influence and actually breach into Mahdran to destroy the “Divines” creation.

The act of Zenovas would forever blight Mahdran in a downward spiral, loosing a direct link with the Divine and his creation. Death is now apart of the living. This spiritual body of Mahdran had been shook and a great calamity is now appending into oblivion for the people of Mahdran.

The lore above is beginning part of the world and how it was created and how evil breached the world. Since my world is designed for an MMORPG, this information does not get revealed at first. The players will start in the middle of the story.

The blue text represent racial starting cities or territories. Each hub represents a nation governed by a King. In the first age "Ancient World", The four nations constructed to build a council in which would act as a form of government for all 4 nations without refining national laws and customs. The Council of Koehaith was born. Each Kingdom would have three royal officials, three military officials and three elected citizens to provide the councils seats. The creed of this council would sustain the Divine's doctrine and attempt to keep Mahdran pure so it's parts can not be compromised by the impending Vainspire from the Abyssal Planes.

Religion: There are only two forms of religion, Divine or Vainspire. Within the context of the world, it's pretty prominent of the two and they wage war a lot, so idols are not made. There are societies who are agnostic or atheistic and does not want to believe what is going on. Kind of echo's today's world in a sense.

Races: There are 13 races of the world. I will list their names, and what region they live in.

Barbarian: Tribal Race (each tribe focuses on a lifestyle choice) - Morkul, Ralan and Hawthorne Tribe - dwells in the Boreal Timber, apart of the Northern Kingdom

Crypt Elf: (undead drow with obsidian skin and banshee white hair) Civilized Race, dwells on the side of the volcano of Hydrovonus, apart of the Northern Kingdom

Dwarf: Civilized Race, dwells in rock palace of Doyen, apart of the Aer'tel'ryn Alliance

Half Elf: Civilized Race, in communion with all human or elf cities and is apart of their corresponding kingdom

High Elf: Civilized Race, dwells in the pristine marble city of Felthine, apart of the Aer'tel'ryn Alliance

Human: Civilized Race, is the center part of all of the 4 kingdoms, dwells in Tridelphia, Destessia, Axzorian and Evansmable

Jakari: Tribal Race (Ape men, each tribe corresponds to a different type of ape) - Ga,dapham which is gorillas, Poheman which is orangutans and the Nah'zeek which are chimpanzees, dwells in the Jakari Jungle and apart of the Mabien Empire

Korelon: Civilized Race (humaniod race that is entwined with arcanic runes and symbols, their skin pigment and design resembles darth maul), dwell in an old mystical tower called Oracle Haven. At the apex of the tower, there is an astounding magical presence, they broke the rhyme and built their city out of pure magic in infinite space.

Mu'atan: Civilized Race (mummy people), dwells in an iron stronghold called Xyrotheta, apart of the Mabien Empire

Nausaabi: Civilized Race, (small rabbit race), dwells in the burrows of the Sabreclaw Hills, apart of the Northern Kingdom

Neklakuan: Tribal Race (lizard men, each tribe represents a direct decedent from the dragon Nekmenar) apart of the Mabien Empire

Troll: Tribal Race (each tribe is associated with different skin pigment), apart of the Western Coalition

Wood Elf: Civilized Race, housed in the wooden huts of Cawenyth, apart of the Western Coalition.

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...Final---E1.jpg
    Last edited by FarsightX3; 04-25-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Adding lore

Nice world. CC - just tool and its ok in right hands : )

Thanks Zergie for your reply. You may be the only one who will reply here (:

Great map! Looks like a fun place to adventure in! I'd like to know more about the world, history, races, religion, etc... Great job! Have some rep!

~Val
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Argontath Map Finished Thread

My Flash Website! - Welcome to Argontath

Quote Originally Posted by Valtharius View Post
    Great map! Looks like a fun place to adventure in! I'd like to know more about the world, history, races, religion, etc... Great job! Have some rep!

~Val
    Thank you for the comments and the rep. I think with all the views, you two guys are the only ones who enjoy my map and thank you. Seems as if CC3 isn't popular here at all.

If you play mmorpgs, I'll give a short legend. Red text = hostile zones, blue = racial starting areas, black = exterior and interior dungeons, green = raid campaigns, brown = un-travelable by foot, and purple = other cities/world wonders.

I don't want to post a list of stuff if only one person will read it. I'd rather have a discussion, if you use any IM's I'd be more than happy to discuss any questions you have regarding the world. You can send me a PM if you're interested.

It's a nice and big map. Must have taken some time to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by FarsightX3 View Post
    This map was created in CC3, I remember a lot of you on here despise CC3, however, I think good composition is also a form of art and hopefully I have displayed that here. The map file is massive.

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...Final---E1.jpg
    I don't think people here despise CC3, contrary I think a lot of people use it. As with all tools there are good and bad maps done in the program. But it is a great tool.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    It's a nice and big map. Must have taken some time to complete.

I don't think people here despise CC3, contrary I think a lot of people use it. As with all tools there are good and bad maps done in the program. But it is a great tool.
    So is this a good or bad map?

Quote Originally Posted by FarsightX3 View Post
    So is this a good or bad map?
    Nice usually means that you like something :-)
    More in detail I do like the map, and you obviously know how to use CC3, but I'm not too keen on the standard style you have used for the map. I also think that the Jon Roberts mountains doesn't really fit in to the rest of the style.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The map reminds me of Might & Magic / King's Bounty / Heroes of Might & Magic. I have severe problems with those rivers, naturally. They'd make suspension of disbelief very hard for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    The map reminds me of Might & Magic / King's Bounty / Heroes of Might & Magic. I have severe problems with those rivers, naturally. They'd make suspension of disbelief very hard for me.
    If you read the world is magically made. They act as "veins". But I have seen rivers flow northward and such and branch off and no one ever "polices" those maps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast