Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy art kit - for use with Virtual tabletop softwares

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Shockbolt's Avatar

Wip Fantasy art kit - for use with Virtual tabletop softwares

Hello,

My name is Raymond Gaustadnes and I'm a freelance digital artist living in Norway. I'm currently running a kickstarter project, named "Game Master's Campaign - Fantasy art kit" and I'm kinda "reluctantly" seeking out any forums I can find that are about Virtual tabletop softwares, in order to show that my project is live and possibly finding Game Masters, module makers or game developers in general that might have use of my artwork with their games.

The kit will contain, in the end: terrain maps, tiles to construct structures ontop of the terrain, decals to give variation to the terrain and a massive bunch of items, objects, creatures, monsters and fantasy characters to place ontop of the finished campaign map(s). Everything will come in 3 sizes, the largest versions allows you to print out the artwork, for use with your physical rpg campaigns should you wish for that.

The intended use for this kit, or should I say kits as I plan to create smaller addons to the main kit, it for digital use. You either load everything inside your VTT of choice and put together the map there, or take the terrains and tiles into any software capable of handling PNG files (transparent backgrounds), create your maps there and then bring the maps and tokens into your VTT of choice.

I have started painting the kit but there's tons of work to be done still. I've posted updates and examples for the kit over the last weeks in another forum, with some really nice feedback.

I've worked with many game companies in the past, creating artwork for various physical and digital games, you can see some of them here (be warned, you'll find new and not so recent artwork in the gallery ) http://shockbolt.deviantart.com

And then there's the kickstarter project page here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...antasy-art-kit

Don't feel obliged to back it, but there are some nice rewards for the higher pledge levels, such as acquiring a license to use my artwork for your commercial projects, those rewards are limited.

Last but not least, here are some larger sized previews of the tokens and tiles, keep in mind: all creatures, monsters, characters, objects and items will come without backgrounds, this allows you to place and rotate them any way you want ontop of your maps. Files for digital use will be of reasonable size(sizes, as they will vary in size as to what the tokens are, dragons will be larger than goblins etc). A fantasy player character might be 128x128 pixels in size, more than enough to show some nice details in the token when used, or 64x64 pixels.

Hi Shockbolt, Welcome to the guild. I have moved your post to the news sub-forum - hopefully it should get more views here and you may get more backers for your kickstarter project. I hope that you spend a bit more time at the guild - your art looks great and I'd love to see the map elements you will be producing.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Hi Shockbolt, Welcome to the guild. I have moved your post to the news sub-forum - hopefully it should get more views here and you may get more backers for your kickstarter project. I hope that you spend a bit more time at the guild - your art looks great and I'd love to see the map elements you will be producing.
    Many thanks! Going into new forums and finding the appropriate sections to post in can be tricky sometimes

I bet you'll see more of my art when I start mapping out my own Fantasy Universe for the graphic novel named "Fallen", after I've finished the kickstarter art kits.

Welcome and well-met!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    Welcome and well-met!
    Thank you!

I know Raymond from RPGFreelancers.org - a site mostly dedicated to the development of products for Iron Crown Enterprises games like HARP and Rolemaster. He does excellent artwork, no? He'd know me by my real name - Michael Tumey.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I know Raymond from RPGFreelancers.org - a site mostly dedicated to the development of products for Iron Crown Enterprises games like HARP and Rolemaster. He does excellent artwork, no? He'd know me by my real name - Michael Tumey.

GP
    Hello Michael, nice to find familiar names in here as well

A couple of previews, made with some of the tiles, terrains, decals and tokens made so far for the base Fantasy art kit. The purpose of these two previews were to create wooden structures, using two wood tile sets to be found with the base Fantasy art kit:

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

These are really good
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Very Nice work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast