Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finished: The City-kingdoms of the Haréshk

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Map Finished: The City-kingdoms of the Haréshk

I think i can call this one finished (finally!). I imagined this was going to be a quick map though after a few minor setbacks (mistakenly merging certain layers then saving, without backing up... you know the drill; going on holiday; and getting flu twice) I managed to recover some lost work and move on to get this finished.

The Haréshk is a dichotomous place, its idyllic terrain and beautiful hills and grasslands forming a stark contrast to the politicking of its regions and their rulers; kings and queens and their countless lords and advisors. The place is somewhat antiquated, still holding onto traditions that the world's major powers (amongst them the two Korachani empires and the Secular Parthian Republic chief amongst them) consider to be antiquated, such as knightly traditions and a feudal state. The region is renowned for its myriad flags and heraldic devices and the angelic and draconic motifs (both attributed to its religion) that fill its art and culture.

WIP thread here

EDIT: it seems as though the resizing of my full-size Jpeg (using bicubic sharper) has left the image looking more saturated than it should, though it's still a passable representation of the real thing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the hareshk.jpg 
Views:	2243 
Size:	4.50 MB 
ID:	52209
    Last edited by RobA; 04-11-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Like I said in the WIP, another very fine map of your own, great job

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

First map that i saw here in guild was The Inner Sea and i am still in love
    Congratulations for this map, pro-job

This just made it into my inspiration folder! Lovely work V! EDIT: looks like I can't rep you at the moment.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I really like the old world look of the map, the cartographic symbols remind me of Ortellius' work.

Great map. Love the attention to detail. Rated & repped.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Default Finished: The City-kingdoms of the Haréshk

Your map is gorgeous! My only complaint is that the JPEG compression blurs the lettering and coats-of-arms. Otherwise, it is a thing of beauty.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TFIM View Post
    I really like the old world look of the map, the cartographic symbols remind me of Ortellius' work.
    thanks funny you should mention him, i was looking at some of his stuff while on holiday in london last week. not sure it had anything to do with my map though

Quote Originally Posted by interfactor View Post
    Your map is gorgeous! My only complaint is that the JPEG compression blurs the lettering and coats-of-arms. Otherwise, it is a thing of beauty.
    thanks. yeah, it's really noticeable at this level of compression. to give you an idea of the difference in detail, the original unflattened psd is 1.31 Gb and 11595 x 7200 pixels, while the attachment jpg is 4.5 Mb and 3384 x 2160 pixels!

Another superb map, vorropohaiah! Have some Rep.!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast