Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Create a link to your finished map threads

Info Create a link to your finished map threads

EDIT: Updated for the new version of vBulletin and VBSEO! (Jan 2013)

Figured I'd share this as a few people have already noticed and are doing it...

(oooh sounds mysterious!)

If you check my sig, you will see a link to my finished maps posts. You too can create this link for your own maps in the finished maps forum!

The secret is the URL. Just use:
    Code:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=XXXXX&starteronly=1&forumchoice%5B%5D=36&contenttype=vBForum_Post
    and replace the XXXXX with your user ID. This shows the simplest way to find out your userID now that we have vbSEO link rewriting:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-02_120825.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	50929

So this link:
    Code:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=768&starteronly=1&forumchoice%5B%5D=36&contenttype=vBForum_Post
    would be this: http://www.cartographersguild.com/se...e=vBForum_Post

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

If you don't have nay maps in the finished maps forum, this will not do you any good.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hm, all of the links in my sig appear to be broken now, as do yours RobA. Any ideas as to how to fix them?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Bump. I've noticed that a few other people have raised the issue of link breaks, so I'll ask again, does anyone know what's up?

I've noticed today that the links in the tutorial section are no longer working. also the gallery blog has some continuity issues as well.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Hm, all of the links in my sig appear to be broken now, as do yours RobA. Any ideas as to how to fix them?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Should be good? - I answered in the other posts I found - links must be to www.cartographersguild.com not forum.cartographersguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vellum View Post
    I've noticed today that the links in the tutorial section are no longer working. also the gallery blog has some continuity issues as well.

Could be the same issue - I'll search through the database and see.

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Should be good? - I answered in the other posts I found - links must be to www.cartographersguild.com not forum.cartographersguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vellum View Post

Could be the same issue - I'll search through the database and see.

-Rob A>

I've run through the database and fixed signature links. Dealing with the others will take a bit more work.

I've also updated the first post showing how to find your userID to create the link.

-Rob A>

Much thanks RobA, we appreciate all of your work to help keep the Guild running smoothly.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Applicant

Default why do I get an error?

hello,

i am fairly new to posting messages and links. can i not post a links to my youtube channel in here?

i am posting on a new name, my email got hacked.

thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast