Thread: [GIMP]Snurre Ironbelly's Hall (level 1) 'old school blue'

Guild Novice

Map [GIMP]Snurre Ironbelly's Hall (level 1) 'old school blue'

I recreated the first level of G3 Hall of the Fire Giant King, using GIMP a while back and thought I'd post it here.

Looking nice.I'd like to see you try your hand at "non-old school" battlemaps.

Guild Novice

Thanks. I'm kind of an old school guy, but if you have some examples of what you would like to see, I'm sure I could give it a whirl! :-)

I think he means take the outline you have at the moment and add textures and add more to it. But very nice old school map. I myself getting caught up with adding objects and stuff to my maps that I forget simplicity is always good.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Oh I'm not asking for anything special, just something with colors as the more battlemaps the merrier (and as I can't give my player's old-school cause they've got used to NeonKnights amazing H2 maps)

Edit: And again I have been hijacked by the forum ninja.Amazing(And what geamon said is what I mean)

Guild Novice

Yeah, I could do some minor exterior work on my other map (The Golgatha of Al-Serlin), like some slightly faded out trees and shrubs around the walls, maybe a road leading up to the gates, etc. This particular map, however, is a reproduction of the original by Gary Gygax. I wanted to see how close I could make GIMP look like the original TSR production.

Guild Novice

Ha, I just noticed that the map scale says "1 square + 10'" instead of "1 square = 10"). Oh well, this was an early endeavor...

@ Druvas: That's what I figured you wanted to give it authenticity.

@Avengeil: Should I give pillow man a bandanna for my avatar?
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by geamon View Post
    Should I give pillow man a bandanna for my avatar?
    Absolutely

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Excellent work !! brings back fond (well not so fond at the time.. ) memories of that adventure. I'm loving the old school blue too !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.