Thread: Thumbnails and image uploads.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Info Thumbnails and image uploads.

I have just switched our image management method from GD image processing to ImageMagick 6...which should produce better looking thumbnails...I did this in an effort to allow larger image dimension, but it doesn't seem to have fixed that problem.

I have an open topic at the vBulletin support forum, so we'll see what comes of it...BUT...in the meantime, if anyone experiences any other problems uploading images, please let me know so I can switch back to GD if necessary.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I have just switched... to ImageMagick 6...
    See ! I knew you would all come around eventually - LOL
    Thumbs up for IM - it rocks !

Blog Entries

I wanted it before...,but it kept bombing with the previous version of vBulletin...Now it appears to work but it doesn't yet seem to fix the large image problem.

By the way...if you get bored and want to convert that challenge thumbnail script to php...I'll be forever in your debt! You can even make imagemagick 6 calls

I have just switched our image management method from GD image processing to ImageMagick 6...which should produce better looking thumbnails...I did this in an effort to allow larger image dimension, but it doesn't seem to have fixed that problem.
    I'm probably missing something but what is the problem with the thumbnails? I've been getting full sized images (after clicking on the intermediate image). Is that what you are trying to fix - the intermediate image? Are you trying to go from thumbnail to full sized image and skip the intermediate image in the middle? Or is it something completely different?

Curious minds want to know.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Blog Entries

Even though the setting will allow for large file sizes...it won't allow for large image sizes...for example...a 7500x5000 pixel image would fail because the image processing software on the server cannot create a thumbnail because its too big.

Regular size images are not affected. Other than the fact that thumbnails generated from now on will probably look better.

Even though the setting will allow for large file sizes...it won't allow for large image sizes...for example...a 7500x5000 pixel image would fail because the image processing software on the server cannot create a thumbnail because its too big.

Regular size images are not affected. Other than the fact that thumbnails generated from now on will probably look better.
    Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. To be honest, I can see how a 7500x7500 pixel image would crash the processing software.

Best of luck on working out the kinks to the thumbnails.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx