Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sci-Fi Deck plans [unpaid]

Post Sci-Fi Deck plans [unpaid]

Howdy,

I play a game called TRAVELLER. I have been searching all over the internet for deck plans for the BroadSword class Merc Cruiser, but haven't found any that i like.

Are there any TRAVELLER or general Sci-fi fans out there interested in making some custom deck plans for me? I can provide detailed information on layout and the like, if needed.

Simple deck by deck drawings. Can be CC3, Vector maps, PSP, whatever works best for you.

One on my PC's characters (i'm the ref) rolled merc cruiser twice durring prior history. He was kind enogh to write me a good back story as to why he has one but doesn't use it.

Well, our campaign is getting to the point where he's actually going to want to bring it into the game. He's already voiced that to the crew. He sent me the write up for the T20 stats I can post that here if you would like.

Please post the stats. I'd like to take a look at them.

- That's some prior history. I play classic trav where the best you can get is a scout ship - are you after classic type traveller deckplans (inverted triangles for iris valves etc) or something which you can play on a VTT?

Post Ship Stats

Here is the spread sheet with all the numbers of the ship.

Important note: I use the half jump fuel optional rule.

Changes from the standard design.

Used dtons freed up by 1/2 jump fuel rule to add +5 AR USP Rating.

Fewer staterooms: their ar only 8 staterooms, each one is reserved for command staff.

Added small cabins: there are 8 small cabins, each one is reserved for an NCO.

Added Barracks: there are 8 barracks. Each barrack berths 4 people (one fire team).

Added 4 10 dton vehical bays: This allows the ship to carry several vehicles of 14,000 vl or less.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Please post the stats. I'd like to take a look at them.

- That's some prior history. I play classic trav where the best you can get is a scout ship - are you after classic type traveller deckplans (inverted triangles for iris valves etc) or something which you can play on a VTT?
    He started as a Marine (5 terms), then became a Merc (3 terms).

In T20, if you are greater than an O5 you gain a +1 on material benifits. It also says that if you become a merc strate out of the military, you start merc at the same rank as you left the military.

He left the Marines as an O3 Force Commander, and was later promoted twice to end prior history as a O5 Colonel. Total of 7 terms.

With his 5 merc materal benefits rolls (2 for terms, 3 from ending rank) he had two 6's. With the choice of either 2 high passages, or a 10 year old Merc Cruiser, the answer was a big giant duh!
    Last edited by someguy; 07-18-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Cool, I'll take a look at it. When are you looking to get this? From 1st August I'll have time to do the work but before then, it's going to be virtually impossible I'm afraid.

Also, how gear-headdy (if that's a word) do you want me to be about this? I tend to go for what looks cool rather than total accuracy!

I have already posted a deck plan here. Would that style suit?

Cool, I'll take a look at it. When are you looking to get this? From 1st August I'll have time to do the work but before then, it's going to be virtually impossible I'm afraid.
    Its a byweekly game, so its not a major rush. I'm guessing it will be about two months before it becomes a factor.

Also, how gear-headdy (if that's a word) do you want me to be about this? I tend to go for what looks cool rather than total accuracy!
    As long is its reasonably close, that fine.

I have already posted a deck plan here. Would that style suit?
    Perfict.
    Last edited by someguy; 07-19-2008 at 04:44 PM.

Post Wasn't it a big sphere?

Its been almost 20 years since I played the original Traveller. Isn't the Broadsword class merc ship basically a giant sphere with landing gear and a some propulsion accoutremont at the base of the sphere?

I see a big ball landing in the distance... wouldn't that basically describe a Broadsword class ship?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast