Thread: Greetings (from the other side of the Globe)

Default Greetings (from the other side of the Globe)

Hail and well met fellow travellers. My name is James.

I am from Greece, that sinkhole of evil where all the bad things sprout. I am a fanatic ad&d player (for those familiar with the game) and I love maps. I walked across the path of this forum when I searched the internets for a way to make a map for a custom campaign setting I'm writing. I know how to draw maps: I was a boyscout up until my late teens, and in numerous occasions I made maps when we were in a field trip (I think that was the time that the seed for the love of maps was planted, because on the same period I read J.R.R. Tolkien's Hobbit). I love travelling, and soon I'll be off for the UK.

I am glad to be here actually, I never ever thought that a passion I had would be shared by people around the world.

Edit:

I suck at computerised maps. Obviously, the reason I found this forum is when I searched the internet for a way to make my campaign setting map a little more "proffesional", and, well, here I am.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Welcome to the guild! I think a pretty sizeable proportion of the forum comes from a d&d background, so you're in good company. To be honest, some of the best maps around here are hand done. There's lots of tutorials around as well for pretty much any software (or hardware, as the case may be).

@Lord_Soth, welcome to the Guild! We do indeed love hand drawn maps so don't be shy about showing us your work.

@Rythal, is that really you?! Haven't seen you around for years. Welcome back man!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Haha, yeah, I check in here once in a while every now and then, just to see how things are going. Been busy with university and all. Have a project that I've been working on for a pathfinder campaign that I'm doing with a few friends, so I might get around to starting a WIP thread for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
    Haha, yeah, I check in here once in a while every now and then, just to see how things are going. Been busy with university and all. Have a project that I've been working on for a pathfinder campaign that I'm doing with a few friends, so I might get around to starting a WIP thread for that.
    Glad to here it. Look forward to seeing some more of your work. What are you studying at Uni?

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Glad to here it. Look forward to seeing some more of your work. What are you studying at Uni?
    Graphic design. I blame this forum for that

So, James - as you see, this community is both a solution and a cause :-). Do show us some of your handdrawn work - really almost all of the Guild does hand drawing - tablets and mice being unsuited for foot or teeth use :-) - your process just gets to paper a little sooner than some folks. Welcome to the Guild!

Hmmmmm - since I know there's CG people in almost all timezones, covering the outside of the globe - if you're on the OTHER side is that the INside? :-).
    Last edited by jbgibson; 12-23-2013 at 09:15 PM.