Thread: Village for an adventure

Default Village for an adventure

This is a commission I made for an upcoming adventure for a Swedish RPG. It is done on free hand but digitally. I bought a Cintiq 13hd a month ago and wanted to test to make a village without using CD3. So no brushes, no premade symbols this one is just like drawing on paper, but digitally.
    It is a very quick job, the deadline was like the next day. So there are things that could be improved, but I think it has an old school feeling to it which was the goal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	byn.jpg 
Views:	950 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	55715  
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks good - so, how is the cintiq to work with? I've mostly looked (drooling) at the 24", but the cost is rather high.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Apprentice

would say old school in this case should be left in the school. The arts good. but with all the amazing things that you can do now days it feels lazy to have a sketch unless its a player made map for hand out.

Hope you like the tablet. love mine.

Nice fast and dirty map. Might be doing one or two of these soon myself for a campaign seeing as I don't really have the time for more than that. Nice to see you doing more sketch work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    looks good - so, how is the cintiq to work with? I've mostly looked (drooling) at the 24", but the cost is rather high.
    The Cintiq is absolutely fantastic. It is like drawing on paper again and I can really recommend it. I've been drooling on the 24" myself for a long time, but it is too expensive. The 13" is a perfect trade off. Smaller, but not too small, and the price is affordable. Also due to the size it is very portable so if you combine it with a laptop you have a very mobile little art studio you can bring with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Londonsmee View Post
    would say old school in this case should be left in the school. The arts good. but with all the amazing things that you can do now days it feels lazy to have a sketch unless its a player made map for hand out.

Hope you like the tablet. love mine.
    I really love my tablet, it is fantastic, as I said above too
    But don't underestimate the power of old school. There seems to be a big demand of old school stuff. A lot of old rpg players that wants to be nostalgic I think. At least here in Sweden it seems to be on the rise.
    My finished maps

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Nice fast and dirty map. Might be doing one or two of these soon myself for a campaign seeing as I don't really have the time for more than that. Nice to see you doing more sketch work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks, with my Cintiq I think I'm going to do more work free hand. It's soo fun and I always felt hampered by the bamboo I used before. The Cintiq feels like breaking free from my chains and finally be free. Now I'm starting to sound religous.......
    My finished maps