• Gryphon's Watch -- Steel General

2 3.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** June Challenge Voting - A Home Away From Home

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Post *** June Challenge Voting - A Home Away From Home

Summary of the rules for this month's challenge:

1. Draw a structure -- house, castle, tent, starship, Winnebago, anything that one can live in.
    2. Devise a plot device for accessing said structure -- magic scroll, teleport stone, really cool whistling, anything really just be creative. Bonus points for story to go along with the entry.
    3. Any genre, any style, any way you want to do it, no rights or wrongs here.

Good luck to all
    Last edited by Ascension; 06-29-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I've never voted before but I think I will this time. Where's the butterfly ballots? I need to punch chads.

Guild Journeyer

You're missing Rovingjack on the thumbnail thread. And I think for this challenge it is far better to go back to the thread for the posted back story.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Well my votes went to Gamer Printer and RedRobes, (I felt their's were the most complete) with Immolate a very, very close third.

Thanks to all of the other entrants.

On a personal note, I really don't think mine should get any votes as it is largely incomplete.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
    I've never voted before but I think I will this time. Where's the butterfly ballots? I need to punch chads.
    There'll be hanging ones!! And then nobody will be happy!

Guild Journeyer

I had to go with Sorrosen's Caravan, and Inn at the End of the World. The Caravan just felt like it was a home (as opposed to the battle train thing, didn't feel overly home like to me.) and I'm not sure what it is about the Inn, just seems well done.

Very hard to pick which of them I liked the most.

I'm very sad that I have about 20 pages of sketches done for this month,... and no working scanner or cord for my camera,...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Talroth View Post
    You're missing Rovingjack on the thumbnail thread. And I think for this challenge it is far better to go back to the thread for the posted back story.
    Wow, sorry RovingJack - fixed now. Glad you mentioned this as I have been busy and didnt spot that. Any CL can add anyone to the list now but the new CL thumb list interface page to do it is a bit scary (its possible to delete the whole list etc) so I am still doing it. Also, yeah read the whole thread as there's more than just one pic in them and in many cases the others and the back story can be quite important.

Post Tough decisions!

This one was another tough one to vote on.

First vote was easy, Redrobes all the way for me. While using 3D to create maps, I've done it, can sometimes be difficult to create a map versus a thing. RR did an amazing job especially using the cut-away view - loved it.

Second vote was immensely hard. Mainly the struggle was between Immolate's and MysticMagellan's work. I loved both of them. Especially Immolate's work around his color blindness and still do such amazing job. I actually flipped a coin in the end and MM's won.

Sorry Immolate, I couldn't decide and the coin decided for me.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

this was a hard vote for me because I'm a bit of a magpie and like the shiny items and a good story about them.

Sorry to those I didn't vote for, but when it came down to it, as much as I would like to have a portable island I would have liked to see it done as a birds eye view map perhaps with an inset floor plan. It is a wonderful illustration of a great concept, but if I were to use it for something I'd have to fill in more info to use it.

And I have this nagging fear like I'm dealing with a Djinn, that while it's clear how to get from outside the globe into it it's not entirely clear how one gets back out, and where you come back out to.

That turned out to be a factor with several of the ideas.

I chose the inn at the end of the world. For the size and complexity of the created maps. Lovely all around. I can even case the joint ... I mean admire the decor.

I also chose the druids tree, and I'm not entirely sure why, maybe it has to do with the cottage in the wilderness feel that is conveyed by it or the concept of using the abundance of nature to provide a rich and varried personel fortress. Again the details of the sort of lived in candid shot of the living areas and the size and detail were a deciding factor.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast