Map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the hareshk.jpg 
Views:	7367 
Size:	4.50 MB 
ID:	53296

Created in: Photoshop

Review
    This is now the second of vorropohaiah's maps to receive a Cartographers Choice Award here at the Guild, and it is easy to understand why. A lot of time and care went into crafting the rich detailed heraldry and all of the lovely hand drawn elements.

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah
    Hey guys,
    The Haréshk is a dichotomous place, its idyllic terrain and beautiful hills and grasslands forming a stark contrast to the politicking of its regions and their rulers; kings and queens and their countless lords and advisors. The place is somewhat antiquated, still holding onto traditions that the world's major powers (amongst them the two Korachani empires and the Secular Parthian Republic chief amongst them) consider to be antiquated, such as knightly traditions and a feudal state. The region is renowned for its myriad flags and heraldic devices and the angelic and draconic motifs (both attributed to its religion) that fill its art and culture.
    Original threads
    Click here to view the Finished Map thread.
    Click here to view the WIP thread.
    Last edited by arsheesh; 04-04-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Yay! with the varied selection of maps available I'm surprised this got chosen. Thanks for the honour. Must try and outdo myself now...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Well deserved Vorropohaiah! Very nice job on the heraldic and labelling!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Congrats, Vorropohaiah! This is definitely my favourite map in the new 'batch' of CC awards. It sounds almost like a backhanded compliment to say I especially love the heraldry, but it really isn't. Well done!

btw: how did you do the heraldry?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd Drwg View Post
    It sounds almost like a backhanded compliment to say I especially love the heraldry, but it really isn't. Well done!
    thanks, well that was the point of the map - to try out something with heraldry, so i guess it worked. though looking at some other recent maps around the guild the shields do look simple.

btw: how did you do the heraldry?
    couldnt be simpler - i just found a batch of free custom-shapes that fitted the heraldry theme and used them on a shield background i made. add some colours and finish off with a subtle bevel/emboss and some noise.

Guild Novice

Wow, Love the map... very nice... Is it bad to say that my favorite part is the torn section, bottom center... LOVE IT!

Off the hook amazing.....

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    couldnt be simpler - i just found a batch of free custom-shapes that fitted the heraldry theme and used them on a shield background i made. add some colours and finish off with a subtle bevel/emboss and some noise.
    Have you thought about writing blazons for the various shields?

This map is absolutely spectacular. I wish you the best of luck in outdoing it, that's going to be a heck of a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolon View Post
    Have you thought about writing blazons for the various shields?
    what exactly do you mean by blazons, i was under the impression a blazon is the iconography itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlecat View Post
    This map is absolutely spectacular. I wish you the best of luck in outdoing it, that's going to be a heck of a challenge.
    hehe, thanks. I'll certainly try!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast