Thread: Wow, big forum.

Post Wow, big forum.

Hello all.

I've been making maps for imaginary worlds since I was a tyke, maybe ten years old? I've always been into story telling.

I got into roleplaying in university (such a late start, I know), and finally my map making skills were useful!

I try to take into account plate tectonics and weather patters, deposition and erosion (I love karst). Of course the fun part is when one gets to how humans interract with the environment, building trade routes and economies...

Anyway, my name is Blake. I'm big into conworlding (world building)- I'm coming over from conworlds.info forum (shameless plug), and I'm pleased to find this active three-fold community I've never seen before!

I hope to show off some maps soon

Blog Entries

Hi Blake (1 of 7 perhaps?),

Welcome. We like world builders If your other worlds are of CC licenced content then maybe you could swap a few places. Our CWBP is not huge yet but its being added to bit by bit.

I have a tile in there which is all karst and based on trade routes. You can find links into the CWBP in my sig too as well as the Wiki and forum topics.

Your a long way from home if your using the term 'Tyke' - haven't heard that one since I was a nipper

Stick a pin in the map if you feel like it. It seems the far east is getting dotty this week. (another link in sig).

Welcome btw.

Welcome Aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Welcome. We like world builders If your other worlds are of CC licenced content then maybe you could swap a few places.
    Thanks for the welcome!

Mine are not yet, mostly because they're usually still works in progress- If I doll it out for modification so soon I feel like somebody's seeing me indecent.

I have a tile in there which is all karst and based on trade routes.
    Nice. I keep wanting to go to the stone forest, but people tell me it's not very good (too commercialized and such). I really want to catch some of the monsoon weather karst before I go again though- the last time I was in China I barely saw any interesting terrain.

Your a long way from home if your using the term 'Tyke' - haven't heard that one since I was a nipper
    It was more common when I was an anklebiter.

Thanks Hoel!

Welcome Blake, have fun!

Post WIP early, post often I always say (well, at least a couple of times)... I usually post after each time I work. If it's almost done at the first go, I'll post in WIP forum first and then in the finished forum when ppl have had the chance to c&c...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    Post WIP early, post often I always say (well, at least a couple of times)...
    As commanded, thus do I post. It's actually more of a "not finished but not planning to finish it because I don't use it", but I hope it's sufficient for a first post? Maybe I can get some applicable comments on the style for other maps.

Thanks all!

Blaaaaake I ken thee.